From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up levelling or leveling in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Levelling is the measurement of geodetic height using a levelling instrument and a level staff.
Levelling may also refer to:
- Concrete leveling, a procedure that attempts to correct an uneven concrete surface by altering the foundation that the surface sits upon
- Cultural leveling, the process by which different cultures approach each other as a result of travel and communication
- Dialect levelling, the means by which dialect differences decrease
- Land levelling, the process of flattening land
- Leveling effect (chemistry), a concept in acid-base chemistry
- Leveling (philosophy), an existential process which leads to a loss of individuality
- Morphological leveling, the generalization of an inflection across a paradigm or between words
- Production leveling, a technique for reducing the mura waste
- Resource leveling, a project management process
- Wear leveling, a technique for prolonging the service life of some kinds of erasable computer storage media like Flash memory and Solid-state drives
- Poker Leveling, is knowing what the other opponents think about the hands when playing poker
- Leveling Up, the act of gaining a set number of experience points to increase your rank in a video game.
- The Levelling, a 2016 British film
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Levelling.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.