Levi, Ray & Shoup
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Website design and hosting
IT education, training and certification
Large boat services
|Founded||September 21, 1979|
Richard H. Levi|
|Headquarters||2401 West Monroe Street, Springfield, Illinois, USA|
|Richard H. Levi, President and CEO|
|Owner||Richard H. Levi|
Number of employees
|630 (September 2013)|
LRS Consulting Services
LRS IT Solutions
LRS Retirement Solutions
LRS Web Solutions
LRS Education Services
Central Illinois Security
Diversified Yacht Services
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) is a privately held multinational corporation headquartered in Springfield, Illinois USA that develops and sells computer software, along with providing a range of information technology services, through its various product divisions.
Domestic LRS offices are located in Bloomington, Illinois; Glastonbury, Connecticut; St. Louis, Missouri; Atlanta, Georgia; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Overland Park, Kansas; Richardson, Texas; Franklin, Tennessee; and Anaheim, California. International LRS offices are located in Paris, France; Hallbergmoos, Germany; Milano, Italy; Madrid, Spain; Cheltenham, UK; North Sydney, Australia; Stockholm, Sweden; and Singapore.
LRS was founded on September 21, 1979. Dick Levi developed the company’s first product in 1981, VTAM Printer Support (VPS), which enabled mainframe computers to send print jobs from the JES Spool to devices outside the data center.
The LRS consulting division also grew by acquiring smaller consulting firms. LRS acquired Pennington & Schurter Information Services, Inc. of Morton, Illinois, and Springfield-based Integrated Business Systems, Inc. (IBSI) in 1995; and MacKenzie & Roth, Inc. of St. Louis in 1999.
Tim Wilkerson Sponsorship
LRS became a sponsor of NHRA drag racer Tim Wilkerson’s funny car in 2000, when Wilkerson was entering 15 or 16 of the NHRA’s 23 races each year. Near the end of the 2002 season, LRS announced that it would increase its support and enable Wilkerson to compete in the tour’s full schedule. Since then, Wilkerson has won the US Nationals in Indianapolis in 2003 and finished second overall in 2008.
LRS has been a major local sponsor of the LPGA State Farm Classic since the early 1990s, sponsoring the Golden Rail Tent when the event was played at The Rail Golf Course outside Springfield. After the Classic moved to Panther Creek Country Club, LRS sponsored the LRS Champions Club, which offers VIP benefits to tournament spectators.
- Desmond, John P. “System Integrators, Outsourcers Gain Again as IT Guards In-House Resources” Software Magazine, November 2010
- “Integrated Business Systems purchased” State Journal-Register, December 1, 1995 accessed August 1, 2011
- Landis, Tim. "Levi, Ray & Shoup acquiring St. Louis company" State Journal-Register, May 4, 1999 accessed August 15, 2011
- "Team Wilkerson Racing – Tim Wilkerson Sponsors: NHRA Nitro Funny Car Drag Racing". Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- Pilger, Hal. “Drag racer Wilkerson gets full-time commitment from LRS” State Journal-Register, September 20, 2002 accessed June 28, 2011
- Kane, Dave. “Classic's next step / LPGA tourney organizers say challenge is finding new sponsor, or possibly sponsors” State Journal-Register, March 6, 2011 accessed August 1, 2011