|Chinese name||李雙江 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||李双江 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Lǐ Shuāngjiāng (Mandarin)|
March 10, 1939 |
Harbin, Heilongjiang, Manchukuo
|Genre(s)||Ethnic music, military song|
|Spouse(s)||Ding Ying (former wife)
Meng Ge (current wife)
|Influenced||Yan Weiwen, Chen Sisi, Jiao Nini, Han Hong, Meng Ge, Tan Jing, Xu Fei|
|Alma mater||Central Conservatory of Music|
Li Shuangjiang was born in Harbin, Heilongjiang, Manchukuo in 1939. Li attended the Central Conservatory of Music when he was twenty years old. After graduating from university he was assigned to work in the army song and dance ensemble. At the age of thirty, he joined the Chinese People's Liberation Army Naval Song and Dance Troupe. He made a record that sold three million copies by the age of thirty-two. Now, he is a professor at Central Conservatory of Music.
Personal life and family
Ding Ying (丁英) was Li's first wife. She was a dancer. They have a son named Li He (李贺).
In 1990, at age fifty-one, Li and Meng Ge, who was more than twenty-seven years his junior, married in Beijing. Meng Ge was his student at Central Conservatory of Music. They have a son named Li Tianyi. Meng Ge is also a well-known military singer.
- 图揭李双江高徒们：谭晶阎维文皆是其弟子. Xinhua News (in Chinese). Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- 商院人物：盘点李双江四大关门女弟子. Sina (in Chinese). Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- 揭李双江辛酸成名史 成功离不开两位伟大女人. Ta Kung Pao (in Chinese). Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- 李双江前妻丁英首曝光 共育大儿子李贺(图). Ifeng (in Chinese). Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- 揭李双江梦鸽相差27岁师生恋 老来得子曾流产. People.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- 李双江梦鸽相差27岁"师生恋"修成正果 58岁得子 溺爱非常. 163.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Buckley, Chris, "Rape Trial Casts Attention on Offspring of China’s Elite", New York Times, August 28, 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-28.