Lightning Does the Work
|"Lightning Does the Work"|
|Single by Chad Brock|
|from the album Chad Brock|
|Released||March 2, 1999|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville|
|Writer(s)||Chad Brock, John Hadley, Kelly Garrett|
|Producer(s)||Buddy Cannon, Norro Wilson|
|Chad Brock singles chronology|
"Lightning Does the Work" is a song co-written and performed by American country music artist Chad Brock. It was released in March 1999 as the third and final single from his self-titled debut album. The song reached No. 19 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. The song was written by Brock, John Hadley and Kelly Garrett.
The music video was directed by Steven T. Miller, and premiered in March, 1999. It features Brock wearing a ball cap, as he uses a tool to make the metal in his barn for the lightning, and driving a pickup truck. Scenes also feature him singing the song in a dark room full of blue smoke. During the instrumental break, Brock puts his goggles on as he watches the lightning kick into the back of the truck, and driving his pickup truck again. He stands outside, and the video ends.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||21|
|US Billboard Hot 100||86|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||19|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||69|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 53.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 8474." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 6, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Chad Brock – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Chad Brock.
- "Chad Brock – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Chad Brock.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|