Lili & Susie
|Lili & Susie|
Lili & Susie performing at Melodifestivalen 2009
|Years active||1985-1993, temporary reunions in 1996, 2000 and 2009|
|Past members||Lili Päivärinta, Susie Päivärinta|
Lili & Susie (initially Lili & Sussie) is a Swedish pop duo composed of the sisters Lili Päivärinta and Susie Päivärinta. They scored a number of hit singles in the late 1980s and early 1990s, their biggest hit being "Oh Mama" in 1987. Their 1987 song "Oh Mama" spent six weeks in the top five of the Swedish singles chart. They dissolved in 1993 and released a best-of compilation called The Collection 85-93 in 1994. The duo reunited in 2008 and competed in the Eurovision Song Contest with "Okey okey" in 1989 (5th place at Melodifestivalen 1989). The duo reunited in 2008 and competed again with Show Me Heaven in 2009 (4th place in Semifinal 2 of Melodifestivalen 2009, eliminated in "Andra chansen" round), which peaked at number 6 in the Swedish singles chart. Päivärinta and her sister reunited and went back on tour in 2013. In January 2014, they released a new video together as Lili & Susie.
In December 2008, SVT revealed that Lili & Susie were reuniting for Melodifestivalen 2009, the show that chose Sweden's entry for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest. They participated with the song "Show Me Heaven", which was co-written by Susie.
- "Killarna låg redo i sängen", Aftonbladet 2009-02-14 (in Swedish)
- "Lili & Susie är tillbaka". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Radio, Sveriges. "Svensktoppen 2009-04-19 - Svensktoppen" (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Tillbaka till 80-talet i Säter". dalademokraten.se (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Nya tuffa Lili & Susie". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-03-24.