Liliane Maury Pasquier
|Liliane Maury Pasquier|
16 December 1956 |
|Political party||Social Democratic Party|
Liliane Maury Pasquier (born 16 December 1956) is a Swiss politician, member of the Social Democratic Party of Switzerland, elected to the Swiss Council of States for the canton of Geneva in 2007, and is currently a member of a delegation that cooperates with the French parliament to foster cooperation between the countries.
On 20 March 2008, Maury Pasquier was reported in the media  for remarks critical of Swiss Foreign Minister, Micheline Calmy-Rey for having worn a headscarf to a meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to sign a gas contract, alleging that it had offended Iranian feminists.
In 2011, Maury Pasquier called on Swiss banks to ban investments in companies associated with anti-personnel mines and cluster munitions, following findings according to which 16 Swiss companies are among 166 leading financial institutions worldwide that are funding cluster bomb and parts manufacturing.
A member of the Swiss delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe since 2012, Maury Pasquier serves as member of the Committee on Political Affairs and Democracy and the Committee on the Honouring of Obligations and Commitments by Member States of the Council of Europe (Monitoring Committee). In addition, she is currently the chairwoman of the Committee on Rules of Procedure, Immunities and Institutional Affairs as well as the co-rapporteur for the monitoring of Russia (alongside former Greek foreign minister Dora Bakoyannis). She was also part of a PACE pre-electoral delegation to Armenia ahead of the 2017 national elections.
- Délégation pour les relations avec le Parlement français
- Swiss minister sparks veil outcry, BBC Online, 20 March 2008
- Simon Bradley (May 27, 2011), Swiss banks deny cluster bomb investment charges Swissinfo.
- Russia's new law on 'undesirable' foreign NGOs endangers the right of free expression, said PACE co-rapporteurs Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, press release of May 29, 2015.
- Pre-electoral mission to Armenia: transparency of electoral process but fears that irregularities could recur Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, press release of February 23, 2017.
|President of the National Council
|This article about a Swiss politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|