This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Years active||2003 – 2004|
Linkup was a French boy band, created by the third season of the popular French reality show Popstars, called "Popstars - the Duel" aired on RTL Group TV channel M6 (also known as Métropole 6) in fall 2003. It consisted of Matthieu, Lionel et Otis. Matthieu (full name Matthieu Tota) became later known as singer M. Pokora.
The band released sometime later their debut and only album Notre étoile (meaning Our star in French). The debut single from the album was the song "Mon étoile" (meaning My star in French) was a success, reaching #1 in the French charts.
But the following single Une seconde d'éternité (One second of eternity) and the album didn't find much success. After a collaboration with the UK boy band Blue in recording the single "You & Me Bubblin", which also failed to attract enough sales, Linkup disbanded in 2004.
- Matthieu Tota, former charismatic leader of the band, started a solo career under the name Matt Pokora and after, M. Pokora.
- In spring of 2005, Lionel Tim was one of the finalists to represent France in the Eurovision Song Contest but Ortal was chosen instead. In 2005-2006 Lionel released two singles "Je m'envole" followed by "Vivre avec toi" (French version of Taylor Hicks' Just to Feel That Way) with very limited success.
|2003||"Mon étoile"||1||21||11||Notre étoile|||
|"Une seconde d'éternité"||3||–||13|||
|2004||"You and Me Bubblin'"
(Blue and Linkup)
- Video clip of Linkup's Mon étoile
- Video clip of Linkup's Une seconde d'éternité
- "Linkup discography". lescharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "Linkup discography". hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Archived from the original on 8 February 2017. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "Linkup discography". ultratop.be/fr/. Hung Medien. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
|This article about a French band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|