Shamriz studied film at the Jerusalem Film School from 2002 until being expelled in 2004. He later studied Experimental Media Design at the Institute for Time Based Media with Heinz Emigholz, at UdK, Berlin.
His featurette Japan Japan (2006-2007), produced independently with a micro-budget, was presented at about fifty international film festivals, among them the Locarno International Film Festival, the Sarajevo Film Festival, MoMA’s New Directors/New Films Festival, or Buenos Aires International Festival of Independent Cinema. His debut full-length Saturn Returns (2009) premiered opening Torino Film Festival’s Onde, was nominated for the Max Ophüls Preis at the film festival in Saarbrücken, Germany and co-won the New Berlin Award at Achtung Berlin film festival.
Return Return (2010), a non-narrative video based on clips from Saturn Returns, premiered at the 60th Berlin Film Festival’s Forum Expanded, where his feature films The Runaway Troupe of the Cartesian Theater premiered in 2013 at the 63rd edition of the festival, and Cancelled Faces at the 65th.
In a 2012 review, Dimitri Eipides from the Thessaloniki International Film Festival noted that Shamriz "develops his own écriture, experimenting with form, deconstructing narratives and reconstructing their pieces into something unique, which bears his own personal trademark".
In 2013 his film Beyond Love And Companionship received the 3sat Förderpreis from the German competition at the International Short Film Festival Oberhausen. In 2014 his film L'amour sauvage received an Honorable Mention in the German competition at the International Short Film Festival Oberhausen. In 2015 his video The Cultural Attaché/Tornado for the band Kreidler won the 2nd prize in the 17th MuVi Award competition – 2014 he had started the collaboration with the band accompanying their album ABC with 6 video clips.
- (2005) Return to the Savanna (6 Short Movies, approx. 75 min)
- (2006) Ho! Terrible Exteriors (28 min)
- (2007) The Farewell (Film)|The Farewell (45 min)
- (2007) Before the flowers of friendship faded friendship faded (7 min)
- (2007) Japan Japan (65 min)
- (2008) The vacuum cleaner (8 min)
- (2008) The Magic Desk (10 min)
- (2009) Saturn Returns (90 min)
- (2010) Ritenuto (63 min) – Saturn Returns - Satellite Film
- (2010) Titan (50 min) – Saturn Returns - Satellite Film
- (2010) Return Return (26 min) – Saturn Returns - Satellite Film
- (2011) Mirrors For Princes (60 min)
- (2012) A Low Life Mythology (80 min)
- (2012) Beyond Love and Friendship (18 min)
- (2013) The Present of Cinema (7 min) (commissioned by International Short Film Festival Oberhausen)
- (2013) The way of the Shaman (multiscreen video installation with Naama Yuria)
- (2013) The Runaway Troupe of the Cartesian Theater (18 min)
- (2014) L'amour sauvage (25 min)
- (2014-2015) 6 music videos for Kreidler (6 videos, approx. 35 min)
- (2015) The night (7 min)
- "Torino Film Festival 2011".
- "Berlin Film Festival 2010 Program" (PDF).
- "Premiered February 2013, Berlin Film Festival".[permanent dead link]
- "CANCELLED FACES PREMIERES AT THE BERLINALE". Archived from the original on 2015-07-06.
- "Thessaloniki Film Festival - Dimitri Eipides introduction to Lior Shamriz retrospective".
- "The Winners of the 17th MuVi Award".
- "Kreidler do it again: Auch ihr neues Album ABC werden sie komplett mit einem Regisseur in Musikvideoform nachbereiten".
- "Und da waren es ihrer Sieben. Kreidler und Heinz Emigholz vollenden ihre gemeinsame Musikvideo-Reihe heute mit »Winter«".
- "Spektakulativ Pictures »Saturn Returns - Satellite Films". Archived from the original on 2015-07-06.