Jewell in 2018
|Born||19 July 1968|
Lisa Jewell (born 19 July 1968) is a British author of popular fiction. Her books include Ralph's Party, Thirtynothing, After The Party (a sequel to Ralph's Party), and later Then She Was Gone,The House We Grew Up In and The Girls in the Garden.
Jewell was born in London and educated at St. Michael's Catholic Grammar School in Finchley, north London, leaving school after one day in the sixth form to do an art foundation course at Barnet College followed by a diploma in fashion illustration at Epsom School of Art & Design.
After being made redundant, Jewell accepted a challenge from her friend, Yasmin Boland, to write three chapters of a novel in exchange for dinner at her favourite restaurant. Those three chapters were eventually developed into Jewell's debut novel Ralph's Party, which then became the UK's bestselling debut novel in 1999.
- Ralph's Party (1998)
- Thirtynothing (2000)
- One Hit Wonder (2001)
- A Friend of the Family (2004)
- Vince and Joy (2005)
- 31 Dream Street (2007)
- Roommates Wanted (2008) – alternative title for 31 Dream Street
- The Truth About Melody Browne (2009)
- After The Party (2010)
- The Making of Us (2011)
- Before I Met You (2012)
- The House We Grew Up In (2013)
- The Third Wife (2014)
- The Girls (aka The Girls in the Garden) (2015)
- I Found You (2016)
- Then She Was Gone (2017)
- Watching You (2018)
- The Family Upstairs (2019)
- Invisible Girl (2020)
- Rbooks.co.uk Archived 16 January 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- About Lisa Archived 30 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine, Lisa Jewell's website.
- "Penguin's profile of Lisa Jewell". Archived from the original on 9 September 2010. Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- Hagestadt, Emma (21 September 2001). "Lisa Jewell: Inside the cappuccino conspiracy". The Independent. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- Melissa Nathan Award For Comedy Romance website Archived 28 January 2013 at Archive.today