List of American Medical Association journals
This is a list of the twelve medical journals published by the American Medical Association (AMA). The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) is the flagship journal of the association, while the other eleven cover specific medical specialties. The twelve journals, known collectively as The JAMA Network, share a common website, archives and other means of access (such as RSS feeds), have common policies on publishing and public relations, and pool their editorial resources in producing the AMA Manual of Style. They also operate a common webpage, For The Media, that provides free access to news releases about the latest research published in AMA journals to credentialed journalists prior to official publication dates (pre-embargo content), as well as access to all related pre-embargo (pre-publication) news releases and video news release scripts.
Before they were rebranded as the JAMA Network in 2013, the AMA's stable of journals were referred to as JAMA and the Archives journals (for example, this is how the AMA Manual of Style formerly referred to them), because the specialty journals used to have titles on the pattern of Archives of [Specialty].
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- JAMA Cardiology
- JAMA Dermatology
- JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery
- JAMA Internal Medicine
- JAMA Neurology
- JAMA Oncology
- JAMA Ophthalmology
- JAMA Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgery
- JAMA Pediatrics
- JAMA Psychiatry
- JAMA Surgery
- AMA (2010). "JAMA – About JAMA". AMA. Retrieved November 6, 2010.
- AMA (2010). "JAMA & Archives Journals". AMA. Retrieved November 5, 2010.
- AMA (2008). "JAMA & Archives Backfiles". AMA. Retrieved November 5, 2010.
- AMA (2010). "JAMA & Archives – RSS Feed". AMA. Archived from the original on February 6, 2006. Retrieved November 5, 2010.
- EurekAlert! (2010). "The JAMA/Archives Journals – Information for Public Information Officers". AAAS. Retrieved November 5, 2010.
- AMA (2010). "About the AMA Manual of Style". AMA. Retrieved 5 November 2010.