List of Battlestar Galactica characters
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
These are lists of characters from the various Battlestar Galactica incarnations.
Original 1978 movie and series
People from the Galactica
- Commander Adama - played by Lorne Greene
- Commander Cain - played by Lloyd Bridges
- Captain Apollo - played by Richard Hatch
- Lieutenant Zac - played by Rick Springfield
- Lieutenant Starbuck - played by Dirk Benedict
- Lieutenant Boomer - played by Herb Jefferson, Jr.
- Lieutenant Athena - played by Maren Jensen
- Colonel Tigh - played by Terry Carter
- Serina - played by Jane Seymour
- Boxey ("Captain Troy" as an adult in Galactica 1980) - played by Noah Hathaway
- Muffit II (the robot daggit) - played by Evolution ("Evie") the chimpanzee
- Flight Sergeant Jolly - played by Tony Swartz
- Flight Officer Omega - played by David Greenan
- Flight Corporal Rigel - played by Sarah Rush
- Corporal Giles - played by Larry Manetti
- Ensign Greenbean later Flight Sergeant Greenbean - played by Ed Begley, Jr.
- Dr. Salik - played by George Murdock
- Dr. Paye - Pilot only - played by John Fink
- Medtech Cassiopeia - played by Laurette Spang-McCook (then-credited as Laurette Spang)
- Lieutenant Sheba - played by Anne Lockhart
- Corporal Komma - played by Jeff MacKay
- Ensign Dietra - played by Sheila DeWindt
- Ensign Brie - played by Janet Louise Johnson
- Sorell - played by Janet Lynn Curtis
- Flight Sergeant Ortega - played by Frank Ashmore
- Lieutenant Barton - played by W. K. Stratton
- Baltar - played by John Colicos
- Imperious Leader - voiced by Patrick Macnee
- Lucifer - voiced by Jonathan Harris
People from the "Ship of Light"
- John - played by Edward Mulhare
People from Terra
- Michael - played by Randolph Mantooth
- Sarah - played by Kelly Harmon
- Col. Leiter - played by Lloyd Bochner
People from the Galactica
- Commander Adama - played by Lorne Greene
- Lieutenant Starbuck - played by Dirk Benedict
- Colonel Boomer - played by Herb Jefferson, Jr.
- Captain Troy ("Boxey" as a child in original series) - played by Kent McCord
- Lieutenant Dillon - played by Barry Van Dyke
- Commander Xavier - played by Richard Lynch, then Jeremy Brett
- Lieutenant Nash - played by Jeremy Brett
- Doctor Zee - played by Robbie Rist, then James Patrick Stuart
- Captain Dante, of D-Squadron - played by Phil Livien
- Daggit Squadron Viper pilot - played by Dennis Haysbert
People from Earth
- Jamie Hamilton - played by Robyn Douglass
- Dr. Mortinson - played by Robert Reed
- Colonel Sydell - played by Allan Miller
- Wolfman Jack - played by himself
- Advanced Cylon Humanoid, Andromus - played by Roger Davis
- Centuri - played by Rex Cutter
- Cy - played by Rex Cutter
People from the Ship of Light
- Angela - played by Judith Chapman
Re-imagined 2003 miniseries / 2004 series
Characters of the re-imagined version of Battlestar Galactica, with pilot callsigns in parenthesis.
Battlestar Galactica Military
Battlestar Pegasus Military
|Name||Actor/actress||Starring seasons||Episode count|
|William Adama ("Husker")||Edward James Olmos||1-4||77|
|William Adama, a veteran of the First Cylon War, is the commanding officer of the Battlestar Galactica, and has the longest tenure as the highest-ranking officer in the Colonial Fleet after the Fall of the Twelve Colonies.|
|Laura Roslin||Mary McDonnell||1-4||76|
|Laura Roslin serves as the Secretary of Education at the time of the Cylon attack and later serves as President of the Twelve Colonies. She is also believed by some in the Fleet to be a religious figure essential to the fulfillment of the Pythian prophecy.|
|Kara Thrace ("Starbuck")||Katee Sackhoff||1-4||74|
|Kara "Starbuck" Thrace is a gifted Viper pilot, with an attitude that has hindered her career in the Colonial Fleet. However, William Adama has confidence in Thrace's military skills, and she greatly aids the Fleet inside and out of the cockpit.|
|Lee Adama ("Apollo")||Jamie Bamber||1-4||76|
|Leland Joseph Adama, commonly known as Lee Adama or by his callsign, "Apollo", is a former Colonial Fleet Reserve officer who is appointed Galactica's CAG after the Cylon attack the Twelve. He is the sole surviving son of William Adama.|
|Gaius Baltar||James Callis||1-4||76|
|Doctor Gaius Baltar is a brilliant scientist who unintentionally aided the Cylons in their attack on the twelve colonies. A charismatic genius and womanizer, he is initially portrayed as a self-serving opportunist, but becomes a braver and more caring character over the course of the series.|
|Number Six||Tricia Helfer||1-4||77|
|"Number Six" is a humanoid Cylon who plays several key roles in Cylon society. She is the first humanoid Cylon that viewers witness in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica. Stunningly beautiful and highly religious, there are several versions of her, including Caprica-Six, Shelly Godfrey, Gina Inviere, Natalie Faust, Lida and Sonja. She is the only model that does not use one particular human alias for all copies.|
|Number Eight ("Boomer" and "Athena")||Grace Park||1-4||77|
|Number Eight is a female humanoid Cylon model. Two prominent Number Eight copies serve at different times as Galactica pilots: Sharon Valerii and Sharon Agathon, using the call signs "Boomer" and "Athena", respectively. "Boomer" is a sleeper agent at the beginning of the series, herself unaware of being a Cylon.|
Battlestar Pegasus military personnel include:
- Alastair Thorne is an officer aboard the Battlestar Pegasus known as the "Cylon Interregator", played by Fulvio Cecere. He appears in two episodes.
- Barry Garner is the third commanding officer of Pegasus. Before his promotion, he was the ship's chief engineer, played by John Heard. He appears in one episode.
- Cole "Stinger" Taylor is the CAG of the Battlestar Pegasus serving under Admiral Helena Cain. Played by John Pyper-Ferguson. He appears in two episodes.
- Gage is a Specialist serving on the Battlestar Pegasus, and later on Galactica, played by Mike Dopud. He appears in four episodes.
- Jack Fisk was a Lieutenant Colonel aboard the Pegasus. He briefly was promoted to Commander, but was killed soon after as a result of his involvement in the black market. Jack was portrayed by Graham Beckel.
- Jurgen Belzen was the long-time executive officer on Pegasus who was executed by Admiral Helena Cain for insubordination, played by Steve Bacic. He only appears in the two-hour television movie Razor.
- Kendra Shaw is the executive officer on Pegasus under Lee Adama, played by Stephanie Jacobsen. She is the protagonist of the two-hour television movie Razor.
- Mei "Freaker" Firelli is an officer on Pegasus. Played by P.J. Prinsloo. He appears in two episodes.
- Noel Allison ("Narcho") is a senior Viper pilot on the Battlestar Pegasus who later transfers to Galactica, played by Sebastian Spence. He appears in nine episodes.
- Peter Laird is a civilian aeronautical engineer pressed into service on the Battlestar Pegasus by order of Admiral Helena Cain after the Cylon attack on the Twelve Colonies, played by Vincent Gale. He appears in six episodes.
- Vireem is a Specialist serving on the Battlestar Pegasus and later on Galactica, played by Derek Delost. He appears in three episodes.
Other Characters include:
- The Armistice Station Officer is the first member of the Colonial Fleet to see the Cylons in over 40 years. He is killed when the cylons destroy the station. Played by Ryan Robbins, (who also played Charlie Connor in the regular series). He only appears in the first part of the miniseries.
- Daniel Novacek ("Bulldog") is a pilot who served under Commander William Adama aboard the Battlestar Valkyrie and was lost while on a stealth mission across the Armistice Line approximately six years before the Fall of the Twelve Colonies. Played by Carl Lumbly. He appears in one episode.
- Emily Kowalski is a terminal cancer patient befriended by Laura Roslin. She appears in one episode played by Nana Visitor.
- The First Hybrid is the precursor to the modern Cylon Hybrids, and is the first step in their evolution from pure machines to organic beings. Played by Campbell Lane. He only appears in the two-hour television movie Razor.
- Hera Agathon is the first successful Human/Cylon hybrid. She is the daughter of Karl "Helo" Agathon and Sharon (Number 8) "Athena". Played in different episodes by child actors Lily Duong-Walton, Alexandra Thomas and Iliana Gomez-Martinez.
- Sue-Shaun is a member of Samuel Anders' resistance group on Caprica, and a former Caprica Buccaneer. Played by Tamara Lashley. She appears in three episodes.
- Tucker Clellan was a Colonial Viper pilot about the Battlestar Galactica. He was a central character in the web series "Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance", as well as appearing in the main series. Becoming depressed after the death of his love, Nora, he joins the resistance and dies as a suicide bomber. Tucker was portrayed by Christian Tessier.
- Zak Adama is the younger son of William Adama, a Viper pilot killed in his first solo flight. He was portrayed by Clarke Hudson in the miniseries and Tobias Mehler in the full series.
- Adama family
- Graystone family
- Lacy Rand played by Magda Apanowicz
- Sister Clarice Willow played by Polly Walker
- Ruth played by Karen Austin
- Jordan Duram played by Brian Markinson
- Cyrus Xander played by Hiro Kanagawa
- Evelyn played by Teryl Rothery
- Pryah played by Luciana Carro
- Baxter Sarno played by Patton Oswalt
- Philomon played by Alex Arsenault
- Olaf Willow played by Panou
- Nestor Willow played by Scott Porter
- Ben Stark played by Avan Jogia
- Minister for Defence Val Chambers played by William B. Davis
- The Guatrau played by Jorge Montesi
- Caston played by Katie Keating
- Crew Member played by Maggie Ma
- Secretary of State for Defence Joan Leyte played by Veena Sood
- Barnabus Greele played by James Marsters
- Vesta played by Camille Mitchell
- Gara Singh played by Peter Wingfield
Blood & Chrome
List of characters for Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome webseries / pilot movie
- Luke Pasqualino as Ensign/Lieutenant William "Husker" Adama
- Ben Cotton as Lieutenant Coker Fasjovik
- Lili Bordán as Dr. Becca Kelly
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Tech Sergeant Xander Toth; Pyper-Ferguson previously played recurring character Tomas Vergis on Caprica, and Pegasus CAG Captain Taylor on Battlestar Galactica.
- Zak Santiago as Captain Armin "High Top" Diaz; Santiago previously played supporting character Pan on Caprica.
- Leo Li Chiang as Osirus Marine Sergeant
- Mike Dopud as Captain Deke "Minute Man" Tornvald; Dopud previously played supporting character Specialist Gage on Battlestar Galactica.
- Brian Markinson as Commander Silas Nash; Markinson played supporting character Jordan Duram on Caprica.
- Adrian Holmes as Lieutenant Decklan Elias
- Karen LeBlanc as Lieutenant Jenna
- Carmen Moore as Senior Lieutenant Nina Leotie; Moore played supporting character Fidelia Fazekas on Caprica.
- Toby Levins as Pilot "Sandman"
- Jill Teed as Commander Ozar; Teed portrayed the role of MSgt. Hadrian on Battlestar Galactica and supporting character Colonel Sasha Patel on Caprica.
- Sebastian Spence as Lieutenant Jim "Sunshine" Kirby; Spence played Capt. Noel "Narcho" Allison on Battlestar Galactica.
- Jordan Weller as Seamus Fahey
- Tom Stevens as Marine Baris
- Tricia Helfer as Cylon Prototype (voice); Helfer played the Cylon model Number Six in Battlestar Galactica.
- Ty Olsson as Osiris Crewmember; Olsson portrayed LSO Captain Aaron Kelly on Battlestar Galactica.
- Muir, J.K. (2005). An Analytical Guide to Television's Battlestar Galactica. McFarland, Incorporated Publishers. p. 48. ISBN 978-1-4766-0656-9. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- Phillips, M.; Garcia, F. (1996). Science Fiction Television Series: Episode Guides, Histories, and Casts and Credits for 62 Prime-Time Shows, 1959 through 1989. McFarland. p. 68. ISBN 978-1-4766-1030-6. Retrieved January 9, 2017.