List of High Commissioners of New Zealand to Kiribati
The High Commission is located in South Tarawa, Kiribati's capital city. New Zealand has maintained a resident High Commissioner in Kiribati since 1989. The High Commissioner to Kiribati is concurrently accredited to the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau.
As fellow members of the Commonwealth of Nations, diplomatic relations between New Zealand and Kiribati are at governmental level, rather than between Heads of State. Thus, the countries exchange High Commissioners, rather than ambassadors.
List of heads of mission
High Commissioners to Kiribati
Non-resident High Commissioners to Kiribati, resident in Fiji
Resident High Commissioners to Kiribati
- Brett Lineham (1989–1991)
- Mel Taylor (1991–1993)
- Brian Marshall (1993–1996)
- John Mills (1996–1999)
- Neil Robertson (1996–2002)
- John Goodman (2002–2006)
- Craig Rickit (2006 - ?)
- Robert Kaiwai (? - 2011)
- Mike Walsh (2011-2013)
- Don Higgins (2014–present)
- "New Zealand appoints new High Commissioner to Kiribati". Yahoo News. The Kiribati Independent. 2011-08-31. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Mike Walsh appointed new NZ High Commissioner to Kiribati". Radio New Zealand International. 2011-08-31. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- Heads of Missions List: K. New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Retrieved on 2006-07-08.
|This government of New Zealand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|