List of IMF Economic Counsellors
The Economic Counsellor of IMF is also formally the Director of Research and is responsible for providing independent advice to the Fund on its policy issues, integrating ideas of the research in the design of the Fund's policies and conveying these ideas to the policymakers inside and outside the fund. The office has been held by the following:
|Michael Mussa||(August 1991 - June 2001)|
|Kenneth Rogoff||(August 2001 - September 2003)|
|Raghuram Rajan||(September 2003 - January 2007)|
|Simon Johnson||(March 2007 - August 2008)|
|Olivier Blanchard||(September 2008–August 2015)|
|Maurice Obstfeld||(September 2015 onwards)|
- External Evaluation of IMF Economic Research Activities. Annex V Glossary: IMF. p. 63. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "Mussa To Step Down as IMF Economic Counsellor News Brief No. 01/25 March 7, 2001".
- "IMF Managing Director Köhler Proposes Stanford University's Krueger As First Deputy And Names Three Department Heads Press Release No. 01/27 June 7, 2001".
- "IMF Managing Director Köhler Proposes Raghuram Rajan as Economic Counsellor and Director of the IMF's Research Department Press Release No. 03/100 July 2, 2003".
- "IMF Managing Director Rodrigo de Rato Proposes Simon Johnson as Economic Counsellor and Director of the IMF's Research Department Press Release No. 07/34 February 28, 2007".
- "IMF Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn Announces Department Director Appointments Press Release No. 08/122 May 27, 2008".
- "IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde Appoints Maurice Obstfeld as Economic Counsellor and Director of the IMF’s Research Department Press Release No.15/343 July 20, 2015".