List of U.S. county birds
This is a list of official birds of United States counties and county-level governments organized by state.
- Lake County, California - great blue heron, Ardea herodias (unofficial)
- San Francisco County, California - California quail, Callipepla californicaa
- Howard County, Maryland - American goldfinch, Carduelis tristis
- Montgomery County, Maryland - American robin, Turdus migratorius
- Prince George's County, Maryland - eastern bluebird, Sialia sialis
- 1.^a The city and county of San Francisco are a single government, so the city bird is a county bird.
- Marilyn Smulyan "California Quail Named Official Bird of City of San Francisco" Bay Nature. July 1, 2001. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- "Official county symbols" Howard County, Maryland website. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- "Maryland at a Glance, Wildlife, Birds". Maryland Manual On-Line. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- Rosalind S. Helderman "A Push for Pr. George's To Impeach Pear Tree" Washington Post May 18, 2008. Retrieved September 29, 2017.