List of hospitals in Washington, D.C.
Hospitals for members of the public
- Children's National Medical Center
- George Washington University Hospital
- Hospital for Sick Children
- Howard University Hospital
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Psychiatric Institute of Washington
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Specialty Hospital of Washington - Capitol Hill
- Specialty Hospital of Washington - Hadley
- St. Elizabeths Hospital
- United Medical Center (opened in 1966 as Cafritz Memorial Hospital; also formerly known as Greater Southeast Community Hospital)
There is one hospital within the District of Columbia which offers care solely to members of the United States military, their families, and to veterans. This facility is owned and operated by the U.S. federal government and are generally not utilized by members of the public unless the individual falls into one of the categories served.