List of law enforcement agencies in Washington
This is a list of law enforcement agencies in the state of Washington.
According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 260 law enforcement agencies employing 11,411 sworn police officers, about 174 for each 100,000 residents. The state has the lowest ratio of policemen to residents of any state, compared to a national average of 251 per 100,000 residents.
- Washington State Attorney General's Office
- Washington State Patrol
- Washington State Department of Corrections
- Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Washington State Department of Natural Resources
- Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board
- Washington State Gambling Commission
- Washington State Parks
- Washington State Fire Marshal
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
College and University agencies
- 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by Brian A Reaves, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2011
- Police Want to Get Rid of Their Pentagon-Issued Combat Gear. Here's Why They Can't; by Molly Redden, 30 September 2014, Mother Jones
- Hefley, Dinana; King, Rikki. "Island County sheriff apologizes for jail dehydration death" (18 June 2015). Herald net. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Sheriff: US Border Patrol agent fatally shoots man". Bellingham Herald. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Queally, James (12 February 2015). "Video seems to show man fleeing as police in Washington state shoot him". LA Times. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- Washington Cop Fails to Intimidate Man Recording Traffic Stop by Claiming he Could Seize Camera as “Evidence”; by Carlos Miller, 18 January 2015, Photography is not a Crime website accessed 23 January 2015
- Culver, Nina (25 April 2015). "Police sergeant demoted 2 ranks Lying in steroid case cause for firing, report says". Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 25 April 2015.