List of shootings in Sweden
This is a list of shootings in Sweden, ordered chronologically. Only 17 people were killed by firearms in Sweden in 2011, but by 2017, more 300 shootings had resulted in 41 deaths and more than 100 people injured. In 2017, Malmö had the highest rate of shootings per capita and outranks most cities in Europe except some in southeast Europe.
- 9 January 1967: Handen murders. The victims were two police officers and a night guard.
- 28 February 1986: Assassination of Olof Palme. The victim was the Prime Minister of Sweden, aged 59.
- 22 or 23 July 1997: Keillers Park murder. The victim was Josef ben Meddour, aged 36.
- 28 May 1999: Malexander murders. Swedish policemen Olov Borén (42) and Robert Karlström (30) were killed by bank robbers.
- 10 January 2004: Knutby murder. Alexandra Fossmo was killed. Her employer, 30-year-old IT entrepreneur Daniel Linde, was shot in the head and chest, but survived.
- Between December 2009 and October 2010: 2009–10 Malmö shootings, in which an anti-immigration shooter targeted immigrants.
- 18 March 2015: 2015 Gothenburg pub shooting, a gang-related shooting in which a 25-year-old said to be a leading figure in a local gang and a 20-year-old bystander were killed.
- 18 June 2018, Malmö shooting, leaving three dead, four injured.
- "Why are young men in Sweden shooting each other? - Gangs of Stockholm". The Economist. 8 March 2018. Retrieved 20 June 2018.
- Nyheter, SVT (2017-09-05). "Malmö har flest skjutningar per invånare". SVT Nyheter (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- "Fire såret af skud i det centrale Malmø". Politiken (in Danish). Retrieved 2018-06-18.