KDE System Monitor, an lm_sensors frontend for KDE
3.6.0 / October 17, 2019
|License||GNU General Public License|
lm_sensors (Linux-monitoring sensors), is a free open source software-tool for Linux that provides tools and drivers for monitoring temperatures, voltage, humidity, and fans. It can also detect chassis intrusions.
During 2001/2004, the lm_sensors package wasn't recommended for use on IBM ThinkPads due to potential EEPROM corruption issues on some models when aggressively probing for I²C devices. This has since been dealt with, and the separate README file dedicated to ThinkPads was removed in 2007.
In 2013, the sensors-detect command of lm-sensors began disrupting the gamma correction settings of some laptop display screens. This occurs while it is probing the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware monitoring devices. Probing of these devices was disabled by default.
- Computer fan control
- envsys on NetBSD
- hw.sensors on OpenBSD / DragonFly BSD
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- Super I/O
- Embedded Controller
- Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)
- System Management Bus (SMBus)
- releases on GitHub
- Constantine A. Murenin; Raouf Boutaba (2009-03-17). "5.2. I²C bus scan through i2c_scan.c; 7.2. lm_sensors". OpenBSD Hardware Sensors Framework (PDF). AsiaBSDCon 2009 Proceedings, 12–15 March 2009. Tokyo University of Science, Tokyo, Japan (published 2009-03-14). Archived (PDF) from the original on 2009-02-21. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- Constantine A. Murenin (2010-05-21). "5.2. I²C bus scan through i2c_scan.c; 7.3. lm_sensors". OpenBSD Hardware Sensors — Environmental Monitoring and Fan Control (MMath thesis). University of Waterloo: UWSpace. hdl:10012/5234. Document ID: ab71498b6b1a60ﬀ817b29d56997a418.
- "lm-sensors/README.thinkpad". 2004-10-14. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "History for lm-sensors/README.thinkpad". Retrieved 2019-03-07.
lm-sensors should now be safe to use on Thinkpad laptops. Jean Delvare committed on 24 Sep 2007
- ArchWiki Contributors (4 May 2018). "lm_sensors". ArchWiki. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Larabel, Michael (26 September 2013). "LM-Sensors Sensor-Detect Is Causing Hardware Issues". Phoronix. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Delvare, Jean (5 September 2013). "lm-sensors". lm-sensors.org. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015. Also available at "lm_sensors". HWMon Wiki. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Toskin, Andrew; Roeck, Guenter (2017). "Issue #17: Add list of risk factors to documentation". GitHub. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- lm-sensors on GitHub
- HWMon, the new parent project of lm_sensors
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|