(Redirected from Local color (literature))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up regionalism, regionalist, or regionalists in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Regionalism may refer to:
- Regionalism (art), an American realist modern art movement that was popular during the 1930s
- Regionalism (international relations), the expression of a common sense of identity and purpose combined with the creation and implementation of institutions that express a particular identity and shape collective action within a geographical region
- Regionalism (politics), a political ideology that focuses on the interests of a particular region or group of regions, whether traditional or formal
- Critical regionalism, in architecture, an approach that strives to counter placelessness and lack of identity in modern architecture by using the building's geographical context
- A word or expression that is limited to a certain region
- American literary regionalism, refers to fiction or poetry that focuses on specific features – including characters, dialects, customs, history, and landscape – of a particular region
- British regional literature
- Criollismo, a literary movement
- Bioregionalism, regions defined by physical or environmental features
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Regionalism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.