|No. of offices||20|
|No. of attorneys||641|
|Major practice areas||General Practice|
|Key people||David Taylor |
Jerry K. Clements
|Date founded||October 2, 2007|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
|Slogan||Practical Wisdom, Trusted Advice|
Locke Lord LLP is an international law firm formed on October 2, 2007, after the combination of Texas-based Locke Liddell & Sapp PLLC and Lord Bissell & Brook LLP, a national law firm headquartered in Chicago. The firm changed its name to Locke Lord LLP on September 27, 2011.
In May 2007, the management of both Locke Liddell & Sapp and Lord Bissell & Brook proposed a corporate merger. On September 12, 2007, the partnership of each firm approved the merger, effective October 2, 2007.
On January 10, 2015, the merger between Locke Lord and Edwards Wildman Palmer was completed. The merged firm adopted the name Locke Lord, although legacy offices of Edwards Wildman Palmer used the name Locke Lord Edwards for a transition period. The firm employs 641 attorneys.
- Jeffreys, Brenda Sapino (11 February 2019). "Locke Lord Press Release". Texas Lawyer (Press release).
- "David Taylor cv". Locke Lord.
- "New firm head from Houston for Locke Lord". Houston Chronicle. 1 January 2018.
- "Jerry K. Clements cv". Locke Lord.
- "Law firm shortens name to Locke Lord," Houston Business Journal, September 27, 2011 http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2011/09/27/law-firm-shortens-name-to-locke-lord.html
- Raymond, Nate (2012-03-29). "Ex-Locke Lord Partner's Tale Shows Toll That Thinning of Large Firm Ranks Can Take". The AmLaw Daily. ALM. Archived from the original on 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2019-03-24.