Loewen is spelling variant of the word Löwen which means lions in German. This spelling is uncommon in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (as in the most common German language dilects ö is used usually instead of oe which in English ö and the oe are the same thing) and as a surname with this exact spelling is usually used by Mennonites or by Americans who Americanized their Löwen to Loewen. It can refer to
- Adam Loewen-(born )Canadian-American professional baseball player who played for various teems starting with Baltimore Orioles and than Toronto Blue Jays and currently for Philadelphia Phillies.
- Bill Loewen-Canadian entrepreneur, philanthropist, political activist and politician.
- Cynthia Loewen- (born November 13,1993)Canadian beauty pageant and 2014 Miss Earth Canada.
- Darcy Loewen-(born 1969) retired Canadian-American hockey player for the Buffalo Sabres and Ottawa Senators.
- Gregory Loewen-(born 1966) Canadian social philosopher.
- James W. Loewen-(born 1942)American sociologist.
- Jocelyne Loewen-(born 1976)Canadian voice actress.
- John Loewen-(born 1949)Canadian politician in Manitoba.
- Raymond Loewen-(born 1940)Canadian politician and business owner in British Columbia.
- Rochelle Loewen-(born 1979)Canadian broadcaster, former Glamour model, former professional wrestler and former WWE Diva on the WWE SmackDown brand.
- Royden Loewen-(born 1954)Canadian History Professor and Chair in Mennonite Studies at the University of Winnipeg.
- Todd Loewen-(born September 16, 1966) is a Canadian politician who was elected in the Alberta general election, 2015 to the Legislative Assembly of Alberta representing the electoral district of Grande Prairie-Smoky.
|This page lists people with the surname Loewen. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|