Logan River Academy
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Logan River Academy is a residential treatment center, or RTC in Logan, Utah, United States. The facility has a capacity of around eighty children, including autism spectrum youth. The treatment center's address is 1683 US-89, Logan, Utah 84321.
The school's tuition is variable, depending on whether private or public money is being used for tuition. However, tuition generally exceeds seven thousand U.S. dollars per month, and children generally stay at the program year-round. General tuition for private parents is eight thousand nine hundred U.S. dollars per month.
In the United States, residential treatment centers must be licensed through their state. Logan River Academy is licensed as a residential treatment center through the Utah State Department of Human Services.
According to Utah Law, Residential Treatment Centers are required to have an accredited academic program, but are not required to have their residential portions accredited. However; The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI,) and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission recommend that each individual aspect of a program be accredited.
Educational program accreditation
The school's educational program is accredited through AdvancED. Logan River Academy's most current available accreditation report, done in 2009, states, "The facilities of Logan River Academy are commendable, and the school design is very beneficial to learning and teaching." The report also notes that the facility's educational programs did not provide adequate curriculum maps nor the desired amount of student achievement data, and that the school should work to reduce a high rate of staff turnover.
Residential program accreditation
Logan River Academy's residential treatment program is accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO) https://www.jointcommission.org/. The school also belongs to NATSAP, a non-accrediting membership organization that regulates standards on its member organizations. Specifically, they require each of their members to: "be licensed by the appropriate state agency authorized to set and oversee standards of therapeutic and/or behavioral healthcare for youth and adolescents or accredited by a nationally recognized behavioral health accreditation agency, have therapeutic services with oversight by a qualified clinician, and aspire NATSAP Ethical Principles and NATSAP Principles of Good Practice"  Logan River Academy is also licensed by the state of Utah as a residential treatment center.
In Winter 2014 Logan River Academy had 2 basketball teams, and they will be sponsoring an indoor soccer team for the spring season. In 2012, two Logan River Academy students were allowed to try out for a team at the local high school, but the Utah High School Activities Association did not allow them to play for the team.
- "Logan River Academy". education.com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2014.
- Private School Review - Logan River Academy Profile Archived 2013-07-24 at the Wayback Machine., Private School Review - Logan River Academy Profile
- Utah Human Services License Search, Utah Human Services License Search
- Utah Administrative Code: Rule R501-19. Residential Treatment Programs. (http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/code/r501/r501-19.htm)
- NAMI - Residential Treatment Options - Page 4, NAMI - Residential Treatment Options - Page 4
- United States Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information - Residential Treatment Programs for Teens - Item 3 "What about accreditation?", US FTC - Consumer Information - Residential Treatment Programs for Teens - Item 3
- AdvancED Institution Summary - Logan River Academy, AdvancED Institution Summary - Logan River Academy
- http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/accred/Reports/DOCS/Logan-River-VT-report-2009.aspx, page 26
- Utah State Office of Education - The Report of the Accreditation Visiting Team - Logan River Academy, Utah State Office of Education - The Report of the Accreditation Visiting Team - Logan River Academy
- "NATSAP - About NATSAP". natsap.org.
- Logan River Academy Academics. "Logan River Academy Academics". loganriveracademyacademics.blogspot.com.
- The Salt Lake Tribune - Logan River Academy Students Aim to Play for Logan, The Salt Lake Tribune - Logan River Academy Students Aim to Play for Logan