This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of employees
Lohmann is a manufacturer of adhesive tape systems and adhesive solutions for industry. The adhesive tape business offers a wide range of services ranging from formula development to customized adhesive solutions. The Lohmann Tape Group focuses on the core markets consumer goods and electronics, transportation, graphics, building and renewables, hygiene and medical.
The company was founded in Frankfurt am Main by Julius Lüscher in 1851. The line of business was the import and sale of chemicals for use in dyeworks and for the production of medicines. 1870 August Lohmann took over the management of this company. Later the company looked for a new location, which was then found in Neuwied/Germany. 1938 Lohmann started the production of double-sided adhesive tapes. Today the Lohmann Tape Group is still headquartered in Neuwied, Germany.
In 1998, the Lohmann corporate areas Non-wovens and Medical became independent legal entities. The latter was incorporated into a joint enterprise with the Austrian company Rauscher. Today, Lohmann & Rauscher is an important provider of medical products. Lohmann is nowadays a manufacturer of single-sided and double-sided adhesive tape systems and adhesive solutions for industry. Today the Lohmann Tape Group has 1600 employees worldwide, coating plants at six sites in Europe, Asia and America, 19 subsidiaries and sales partners in over 50 countries. The Company Claim is "The Bonding Engineers" and the company is currently headed by Norman Goldberg and Jürgen Walda.
- 1991 Acquisition of KOESTER GmbH & Co. KG in Altendorf. KOESTER GmbH & Co. KG, with its head office in Altendorf, Germany, has been producing self-adhesive and mechanical closure systems for baby diapers and incontinence briefs. Furthermore, we[who?] are a producer of bonding solutions for hygiene, medical and technical applications.
- Lohmann has been active in the United Kingdom since 1992. Lohmann Technologies UK is based in Knowlhill, Milton Keynes and offers tailor-made technical adhesive solutions for manufacturers, designers and OEM customers.
- 1998 Lohmann has acquired full ownership of Metafol GmbH & Co. KG of Remscheid. Adhesive tape processing, adhesive tape converting and high-tech die-cutting processes are the main skills of the present Lohmann GmbH & Co.KG site.
- Lohmann also expanded further in America at the start of 2004.
- Lohmann created the Business Unit "Technical Products Asia Pacific" in 2008. Sales activities in Asia continue to gain in importance and are being processed from our own sales offices.
Almost all currently applied pressure-sensitive adhesive systems are available in the Lohmann Tape Group.
- Solvent-based adhesives, environmentally friendly dispersion adhesives or hotmelt-based adhesives
- Rubber and acrylic-based
Trademarks: DuploCOLL, DuploFLEX, DuploMED, DuploTEC,