Louis-Paul Motazé (born 31 January 1959) is a Cameroonian politician who has served in the government of Cameroon as Minister of the Economy since 2015. He previously served as Minister of the Economy from 2007 to 2011 and as Secretary-General of the Office of the Prime Minister of Cameroon from 2011 to 2015. As from Friday March 2, 2018, he is Cameron's minister of Finance.
Background and career
Motazé was born in Bengbis, located in the Dja and Lobo Division of Cameroon's South Region; his parents were Arnold Motazé and Mary Monengono. He obtained his secondary education in Sangmelima and then studied at the University of Yaoundé as well as Cameroon's National School of Administration and Magistracy. Subsequently he continued his studies in France, where he received a degree in international transport in 1985. After working at the Economic Affairs Division of the Presidency of Cameroon, he worked at Cameroon Shipping Lines from 1984 to 1989 and was the company's Commercial Sub-Director.
Motazé held important posts at Cameroon Airlines from 1989 to 1999: he was its Commercial Director from 1989 to 1993, its Director of the Audit and Management Control from 1993 to 1998, and he was Technical Adviser to the Directorate-General from 1998 to 1999. He then became Director-General of the National Social Insurance Fund (Caisse nationale de prévoyance sociale, CNPS) in September 1999. After eight years as Director-General of the CNPS, he was appointed as Minister of the Economy, Planning, and Regional Development on 7 September 2007. He continued to occupy his post as Director-General of the CNPS until Alain Olivier Noël Mekulu Mvondo was appointed to replace him in that capacity on 7 April 2008.
After four years as Minister of the Economy, Motazé was instead appointed as Secretary-General of the Prime Minister's Office on 9 December 2011. He was moved back to his old post of Minister of the Economy, Planning, and Spatial Planning on 2 October 2015.
- CV at the website of the Ministry of the Economy Archived 2011-07-21 at the Wayback Machine. (in French).
- "Motazé Louis Paul", Cameroun: Les Hommes de Pouvoir, number 2, Africa Intelligence, 17 September 2002 (in French).
- Christophe Bobiokono, "Alain Olivier Noël Mekulu Mvondo : Un inspecteur d’Etat à la Cnps", Mutations, 8 April 2008 (in French).
- Clarisse Juompan-Yakam, "Remaniement au Cameroun : quand Paul Biya rebat les cartes du gouvernement", Jeune Afrique, 12 December 2011 (in French).
- Omer Mbadi, "Cameroun : Paul Biya procède à un remaniement gouvernemental", Jeune Afrique, 2 October 2015 (in French).
- Monda Bakoa, "Ils changent de portefeuille", Cameroon Tribune, 4 October 2015 (in French).
|This article about a Cameroonian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|