Louis A. Mongello
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Author, Lawyer, Web developer|
|Subject||Walt Disney World Resort|
Louis Arthur Mongello is a Walt Disney World author, Disney expert, host, speaker, and entrepreneur. He is the host and producer of the WDW Radio show, which has been named Best Travel Podcast by the Podcast Awards for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Podcast Awards. Through online communities and his radio show, he promotes Walt Disney World through media such as audio podcasts, live video broadcasts, video segments, blog, email newsletter, discussion forums, special events, and live events.
Mongello is the author of the Walt Disney World Trivia Book series, 102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World, and Audio Tours of Walt Disney World, which he also narrates. He is also the founder of the Dream Team Project, which sends children with life-threatening illnesses to Disney World.
Mongello holds a bachelor's degree in Sociology from Villanova University and a Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University. He practiced law for nine years before forming his own computer consulting and web design company, Imagine Enterprises. He was the Chief Technology Officer and Director of Operations for a medical imaging company in Edison, New Jersey, before moving to Florida to pursue his interest in Disney. He is now an internationally recognized speaker on Disney.
- 102 Ways to Save Money For and at Walt Disney World (ISBN 978-0991498802)
- The Walt Disney World Trivia Book, Secrets History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic (ISBN 978-1887140492)
- The Walt Disney World Trivia Book 2, More Secrets History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic (ISBN 978-1887140638)
- Walt Disney World Trivia 2009 Calendar (ISBN 978-1887140775)
- Virtual AUDIO TOURS of Walt Disney World
The Dream Team Project
Mongello manages a charitable group named the Dream Team Project. The Dream Team Project is designed for the purpose of raising money to allow children with serious illnesses to visit Walt Disney World. Portions of the proceeds from the sale of all merchandise sold on the WDW Radio website, as well as personal donations made by Mongello from sales of the Walt Disney World Trivia Books, donations from WDW Radio listeners and friends, and the proceeds of fundraising events run by The Dream Team Project are used to help provide children with visits to Walt Disney World. As of April 2014 the Dream Team Project had raised over $250,000.
- "People's Choice Podcast Awardee". Podcast Awards.
- "The Walt Disney World Trivia Book. Review". The Bookwatch. 2004-12-01.
- Falcone, Anthony (May 22, 2008). "Disney parks get a little character". Budget Travel Blog. Budget Travel.
- Powers, Scott (February 19, 2008). "Walt Disney World to rebuild Treehouse Villas". Orlando Sentinel.
- Tanasychuk, John (2006-07-31). "Meet the $2 Million Mouse". South Florida Sun Sentinel.
- "Seton Hall Magazine". Fall 2005.
- "Book tests reader's knowledge of theme parks & resorts.". Staten Island Parent. August 2004.