Louis Antonelli (July 28, 1962 in Chicago, Illinois) is a filmmaker and poet. His professional career began in 1980, at age 17 with the theatrical release of his short film, "The Game". He has to date written, produced, and directed (and in some cases, acted as cinematographer and principal editor) of 27 released films, many of which have been honored with screenings and awards at film festivals such as, The Chicago International Film Festival (six wins; 1992, 1993(2), 1994(2), 2008) WorldFEST Houston, The San Francisco Film Festival, The Berlin Film Festival, The Venice Film Festival, and the Cannes Film Festival, among others. His feature film debut was in 1994 with, "Last Day in Chicago". Antonelli has won industry honors such as a MarCom Creative Award, four time winner of The Videography Award (2005-2008), two Silver TELLY Awards, and in 2006 was named by Strathmore's List as a 'Who's Who' among Outstanding International Professionals: Media & Entertainment. Louis Antonelli is a two time EMMY nominee (1993, 1997.) His most recent notable release of was with Universal Pictures/UMe and Paul Stanley. Their feature, One Live KISS, debuted on October 19, 2008. The film was honored with a Classic TELLY award in 2009. and in January, 2015 released his newest film, "Secrets From a Brief Ecstasy" which is presently on the festival circuit, internationally. Louis Antonelli's films have also been featured regularly on television via PBS, Bravo, A&E, MTV, VH1. and other broadcast and cable outlets in the USA and overseas markets, and on BBC and Thames Television, UK. Louis Antonelli's poetry has been published exclusively by VIA, Voices in Italian America beginning in 1990, for which he was honored with the awards, POET/1990 by World Poetry, San Francisco, Ca., and Outstanding Writer of America; National Library, LOC.
- "30th Annual Telly Awards". Telly Awards. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Pogorzelski, Daniel; Maloof, John (2008-06-30). Portage Park. Arcadia Publishing. pp. 51–. ISBN 978-0-7385-5229-3.
- Antonelli, Louis (1991,1993) VIA Voices in Italian Americana. Bordighera Incorporated. pp. 103–105, 113–115, 176. ISSN 1048-292X
- Carlson, D.P., (2004) Chicago Filmmakers on the Chicago River. Film-Foetus, Inc. OCLC 56339453 ISBN 978-1-893967-41-0
- Anderson, Mary Ann (2013) The Making of The Hitch-Hiker Illustrated. Bear Manor Media. pp. 22–23, 31, 38, 61–63, 66, 69. ISBN 978-1-59393-759-1.
- Lupino, Ida, with Anderson, Mary Ann (2011) Ida Lupino Beyond the Camera. Bear Manor Media. pp. 32–33, 49, 107, 116, 138, 141. ISBN 978-1-59393-672-3.
- Antonelli, Louis, Stanley Paul (2008) One Live KISS Universal Pictures, UMe, New Door. OCLC 276881426