Louis period styles
"Louis period styles" is the collective name for five distinct styles of French architecture and interior design. The styles span the period from 1610 to 1793.
Each of the five styles is named for the ruler of the particular period.
- Louis XIII style (1610–1643) (Louis Treize), the period is the early phase of French Baroque
- Louis XIV style (1643–1715) (Louis Quatorze)
- Régence style (1715–1723), the style of the regency of Philippe II, duc d’Orléans
- Louis XV style (1723–1774) (Louis Quinze)
- Louis XVI style (1774–1793) (Louis Seize)
The terms are applied as style terms for the French forms of: