Love Bites (So Do I)
|"Love Bites (So Do I)"|
|Single by Halestorm|
|from the album The Strange Case Of...|
|Released||January 24, 2012|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal, thrash metal|
|Songwriter(s)||Lzzy Hale, Dave Bassett|
|Halestorm singles chronology|
"Love Bites (So Do I)" is a song by American rock band, Halestorm. It is the first single from their second album The Strange Case Of..., released April 10, 2012. It is also part of the Guitar Hero Live soundtrack.
The band members have stated that "Love Bites" was influenced by their cover of Skid Row's song Slave to the Grind and Lamb of God. Lzzy Hale also mentioned on an episode of That Metal Show that thrash metal bands like Megadeth and Anthrax were influences for the song.
The song elicited a positive reaction from music critics. Gregory Heaney, in his AllMusic review of the song's parent album, praised vocalist Lzzy Hale's vocal performance, commenting that they were "adding the right amount of snarl and grit;" he also called the song "aggressive." Steve Beebee, of Kerrang!, was also positive toward the song, stating that the song "is as storming an opener as anyone could wish for," also feeling that Hale "flex(es) her remarkable vocal muscles" on the song. Live Metal's Greg Maki called the song an "all-out metallic assault." An album review by Loudwire commented that the song "is the perfect representation of Halestorm and a great showcase of frontwoman Lzzy Hale’s voice and badass wit."
|US Billboard Mainstream rock songs||2|
|US Billboard Hot Rock Songs||16|
- "LOVE BITES (SO DO I)" BY HALESTORM – THE SONG OF THE WEEK FOR 5/14/2012". Musictrajectory.com. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Revolver Magazine's Video Matters". Youtube. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- Heaney, Gregory. ""The Strange Case of..." album review". AllMusic. RhythmOne. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- Beebee, Steve. "Kerrang! album review". Flickr. Kerrang!. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- Maki, Greg. "HALESTORM 'The Strange Case of …' review". Live Metal. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- Ramanand, Liz. "Halestorm, 'The Strange Case Of…' – Album Review". LoudWire. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Interview with Haruna from Love Bites". Metal Temple. 21 August 2017. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "HALESTORM Wins 'Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance' GRAMMY For 'Love Bites (So Do I)'". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Halestorm: Love Bites (So Do I) video overview". IMDb. amazon.com. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Official Music Video". YouTube. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Halestorm - Chart History (mainstream rock songs)". Billboard. Archived from the original on May 1, 2015. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- "Halestorm - Chart History (Hot Rock Songs)". Billboard. Archived from the original on May 2, 2015. Retrieved May 2, 2015.