Love Trilogy: Chained
Love Trilogy: Chained (in Hebrew: טרילוגיה על אהבה: עיניים שלי) is a 2019 Israeli drama film, and the second installation of the Love Trilogy film series, written and directed by Yaron Shani. The film's world premier took place at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Rafi "Rashi" Malka (Eran Naim) is a respected veteran police officer, who deals with violent situations on the job. He is married to Avigail (Stav Almagor), who is undergoing fertility treatments. Rashi's tough-guy attitude brings him into frequent conflict with his rebellious step-daughter, Yasmine (Stav Patay), and the family's life is unsettled by frequent fighting. The situation deteriorates when two young men suspected of selling drugs claim that Rashi harassed them sexually, and he is suspended from duty while Internal Affairs investigates. The gradual loss of control over his life pushes him over the edge.
Yaron Shani works with a cast of non-actors, who work without a script, improvising the scenes on-camera. The film is shot in single takes, without rehearsals. The lead actor, Eran Naim, is a former police officer, and played a main role in the film Ajami as well.
- Eran Naim: Rafi "Rashi" Malka - a police officer, married to Avigail, stepfather of Yasmine.
- Stav Almagor: Avigail Malka - Rashi's wife, trying to have a baby.
- Stav Patay: Yasmine - Avigail's teenage daughter from a previous marriage.
The film is an Israel-German co-production. Producers were Naomi Levari and Saar Yogev of Black Sheep Productions, in cooperation with Michael Rotter of The Post Republic. The movie was made with the support of the Israeli Film Fund, Arte, and yes satellite television, and is distributed by Alpha Violet, a French-based independent film distribution company.
- Berlin Film Festival
|2019||Love Trilogy: Chained||Panorama Viewers' Choice||Nominated|||
- "שלושה יוצרים ישראלים התקבלו לפסטיבל ברלין". ynet. December 18, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- "פסטיבל ברלין: סרטו החדש של ירון שני לא מאכזב". ynet. February 9, 2019. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- "ערן נעים, המשחק בסרט "עג'מי", פוטר מהמשטרה לאחר שתקף מפגין במהלך ההתנתקות". Ha'aretz. October 6, 2009. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- "טרילוגיה על אהבה-עיניים שלי". Israel Film Fund. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- אבנר שביט (February 9, 2019). "אין כוכבים, יש ישראלים: פסטיבל ברלין יוצא לדרך". וואלה. Retrieved February 26, 2019.