This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||October 2013|
|Operating system||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|License||Free & paid subscriptions|
Lucid Software Inc. was founded in 2008, within the area in Utah known as Silicon Slopes. Co-founder Ben Dilts designed a diagramming solution to difficulties he encountered while working for a health benefits startup, and this became Lucidchart. In 2010, former Google executive Karl Sun met Dilts and later joined Lucid Software as CEO. Today, Lucid Software employs over 260 full-time employees.
In October 2013, Lucid Software announced Lucidpress as a public beta version. Following its release, Lucidpress was featured in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and PC World, with TechCrunch noting: "I had a chance to test the app before its launch and it is indeed very easy to use. If you've ever used a desktop publishing app in the past, you'll feel right at home with Lucidpress, as it features the same kind of standard top-bar menu and layout options as most other publishing apps. In terms of features, it can also hold its own against similar desktop-based apps."
In October 2013, Lucidpress became available in the G Suite Marketplace.
In November 2016, Lucidpress announced its Print & Ship feature, by which users can order printed versions of the documents they create in Lucidpress.
In December 2016, spurred by growth, Lucid Software announced an expansion which will add up to 339 jobs and $11 million in capital investment to the community in South Jordan, Utah.
In October 2016, Lucidpress conducted a survey with research firm Demand Metric about the impact of brand consistency. The report, titled "The Impact of Brand Consistency," contains insights from over 200 senior marketing and brand leaders. It found, among other insights, that consistent brand marketing is worth an estimated 23% increase in revenue.
Lucid Software raised $1 million in Seed in 2011, led by Google Ventures.
In May 2014, the company received a $5 million investment. The round was led by Salt Lake-based Kickstart Seed Fund.
In September 2016, the company received a $36 million investment from Spectrum Equity, whose previous investments include other online platforms such as Ancestry.com, Lynda.com, Prezi, and SurveyMonkey. Kickstart Seed Fund and Grayhawk Capital also participated in the round.
Lucidpress is an alternative to complex design programs like Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Publisher (especially for Mac users). Its design capabilities range from single-page documents like business cards and flyers to multi-page documents like annual reports and digital magazines.
Lucidpress is accessible anywhere through modern web browsers, and all documents are securely stored in the cloud. The application does not require a download.
Incorporating a real-time collaborative editor, Lucidpress allows multiple users to edit a document simultaneously. Users can also make comments and chat with collaborators in real time.
Lucidpress content can be published through several different mediums, including:
- On the web (generates a unique URL)
- On social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn)
- Via email
- Embedded on a website
- Exported for printing
- Printed documents ordered directly from Lucidpress
Lucidpress offers a large library of templates for designing both print and digital content. Template categories include:
- Business cards
- Lesson plans
- Print Banners
- Social Media
- "Lucid Software Company History". 28 August 2017.
- Frederic Lardinois (2 October 2013). "Lucidpress Launches Web-Based Design And Publishing App For Print And Online". Techcrunch.
- Christina DesMarais (2 October 2013). "Lucidpress: drop-and-drag publishing app simplifies document design". PC World.
- "Lucidpress - Collaborative Layout & Design".
- "Lucidpress, Online Brochure and Poster Maker, Reaches 1 Million Users". PRWeb. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Lucidpress Reaches 2 Million Users, Releases Advanced Template Locking Feature". PRWeb. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Lucidpress Launches Print & Ship Service in Time for the Holidays". PRWeb. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Lucid Software Will Expand Its Operations In South Jordan, Utah - Area Development". Area Development. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Demand Metric and Lucidpress Release Benchmark Research on Brand Consistency". PRWeb. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- Empson, Rip. "LucidChart Nabs $1 Million From 500 Startups, 2M Companies, And K9 Ventures". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Lucid Software Raises $5 Million Series A to Take on Microsoft and Adobe". MarketWired. May 29, 2014. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- "Lucid Software Secures $36 Million to Enhance Visual Productivity in the Enterprise". PRWeb. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Publisher for Mac".
- "InDesign Alternative".
- "Free Design Templates for Business & Education". Lucidpress. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Lucidpress | Free Design Tool - G Suite Marketplace". apps.google.com. Retrieved 2017-03-02.