The Lyceum administration interface.
|Developer(s)||John Joseph Bachir|
|Initial release||September 30, 2003|
1.0.3 / June 4, 2008
|Website||lyceum.ibiblio.org at the Wayback Machine (archived December 23, 2010)|
Lyceum was first made public in February 2006. It originally began in mid-2005, and development is synchronous with WordPress. As of March 2009, Lyceum was based on an old version of WordPress and was inactive while the developer considered whether or not to resume development. In May 2010, its maintainer John Bachir announced that the project was discontinued.
Differences from WordPress MU
WordPress MU, developed by the core WordPress team, is extremely similar in functionality to Lyceum. The primary difference is that Lyceum stores all of its information in a set number of database tables (it has a normalized schema). WordPress MU, on the other hand, adds new tables for each weblog added (it has a sharded schema).
- Watters, Blake (September 30, 2003). "SourceForge.net Repository - [lyceum] Contents of /lyceum/login.php Revision 1.1". SourceForge. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- "Lyceum Blog". Archived from the original on March 7, 2009.
- "The Future of Lyceum". Archived from the original on March 30, 2009.
- "The Lyceum project is shutting down". May 12, 2010. Archived from the original on September 21, 2010.
- "Lyceum FAQ". Archived from the original on March 8, 2006.
- Official website at the Wayback Machine (archived December 23, 2010)
- Article in Red Hat Magazine by John Bachir
|This content management system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|