Münchhausen am Christenberg
|• Mayor (2016–22)||Peter Funk (Ind.)|
|• Total||41.54 km2 (16.04 sq mi)|
|Elevation||284 m (932 ft)|
|• Density||79/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Dialling codes||06423 06452 06457|
The community of Münchhausen is found 20 km (12 mi) north of Marburg on the northern edge of Marburg-Biedenkopf district. It has 3,605 inhabitants and has had its current boundaries since 1974. The community's area is roughly 41 km².
West of the community lies the Rothaargebirge, a low mountain range. The municipal area is bounded on the east by the Burgwald, another low mountain range. The constituent communities of Münchhausen and Simtshausen lie in the Wetschaft valley. Wollmar lies on the like-named river Wollmar, which empties into the Wetschaft in Münchhausen. Through the constituent communities of Oberasphe and Niederasphe flows the river Asphe.
- Münchhausen (1285 inhabitants) (as of January 2004)
- Niederasphe (914 inhabitants)
- Oberasphe (356 inhabitants)
- Simtshausen (495 inhabitants)
- Wollmar (701 inhabitants)
Münchhausen am Christenberg officially came into being on 1 July 1974 when the formerly independent places of Münchhausen, Simtshausen, Niederasphe, Oberasphe and Wollmar were united.
This section needs to be updated.(July 2021)
Results of municipal election on 26 March 2006:
Coat of arms
The civic coat of arms might be described thus: Party per chevron; above in gules a cross argent fused with the chevron; below in argent, a five-spoked wheel sable.
The coat of arms symbolizes the nearby mountain, the Christenberg, with its mediaeval church. The wheel with its five spokes stands for Münchhausen's five constituent communities.
- Euricius Cordus, German humanist
- Direkt gewählte (Ober-) Bürgermeister/-innen der hessischen Städte und Gemeinden, accessed 6 July 2021.
- "Bevölkerung in Hessen am 31.12.2020 nach Gemeinden". Hessisches Statistisches Landesamt (in German). June 2021.