M. T. Liggett
Liggett was born in Mullinville, Kansas and grew up on his family farm. He graduated from Mullinville High School. Liggett went to Dodge City Community College. He also went to the University of Texas where he majored in political science. Liggett served in the United States Navy in 1948 and then joined the United States Air Force in 1957. In 1987, Liggett returned to Mullinville, Kansas where he exhibited his art work containing re-used farm implements, welded metal and combined discs. His works were kinetic and moved with the wind. He received his bachelor's degree from Fort Hays State University and went to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas law school.
- "Kansas roadside artist M.T. Liggett dies at 86". The Wichita Eagle. August 17, 2017. Archived from the original on August 18, 2017. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
- "M.T. Liggett - Obituary". Minnis Mortuary. August 17, 2017. Archived from the original on August 18, 2017. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
- Kansas Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat Stuff; By Pam Grout; Edition: 2; Published by Globe Pequot, 2006;ISBN 0-7627-4104-X, 9780762741045; Page 288
- Road trip America: a state-by-state tour guide to offbeat destinations; By Andrew F. Wood; Published by Collectors Press; 2003; ISBN 1-888054-74-3, ISBN 978-1-888054-74-3; Page 41
- What's the Matter with Kansas? on IMDb
- "Kansas artist Myron 'MT' Liggett dies at 86". KTEN tv. August 17, 2017. Archived from the original on August 18, 2017. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
|This article about an American sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|