MAE-West is a major Internet exchange point located on the west coast of the U.S. in San Jose, California and Los Angeles, California. Its name officially stands for "Metropolitan Area Exchange, West", although some note the similarity to the name of the actress Mae West. Its San Jose facility is housed in the Market Post Tower.
MAE is a registered trademark of Verizon for internet exchange services.
- Internet Exchange Point (IXP)
- Federal Internet Exchange (FIX)
- Network Access Point (NAP)
- Commercial Internet eXchange (CIX)
- "Southern Cross Cable Network commissions third US access point". The Age. August 19, 2002.