|Developer(s)||MDaemon Technologies, formerly Alt-N Technologies|
|Initial release||July 31, 1996|
19.0.1 / May 14, 2019
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish|
Mdaemon supports multiple client-side protocols, including IMAP, POP3, SMTP/MSA, webmail, CalDAV, CardDAV, and optionally ActiveSync for mobile clients and Outlook, and its Connector for Outlook add-on.
MDaemon's features include a built-in spam filter with Heuristic and Bayesian analysis, SSL and TLS encryption, client-side and server-side email and attachment encryption, public and shared folder support, mailing list, and support for sharing of groupware data (calendar, contacts, tasks & notes). It is also the basis for MDaemon Tech's Security Gateway for Email Servers.
According to SecuritySpace.com's Mail (MX) Server Survey from June 2018, MDaemon provides approximately 1 percent of all known Internet mail servers, the fifth largest installation base from all identified servers.
- Kossel, Axel (July 1998). "Postboten und Alleskönner – EMail-Server für Windows NT". c't Magazin (in German). 1998 (07).
- "简评 MDaemon Server v9.52". www.5dmail.net. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Переход с MDaemon на Exchange Server 2003/2007 (Часть 1)". www.oszone.net. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Alt-N No Longer a Subsidiary of RIM but MDaemon BES". Archived from the original on 13 June 2015. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "MDaemon Pro: Still a Mail Server That Professionals Can Rely On". ServerWatch. 2002-12-18. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Review: ALT-N MDaemon Messaging Server 15". winmag pro. 2015-09-12. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "MDaemon Pro Mail Server 9.5.6". PC&Tech Authority. 2007-06-28. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Mail (MX) Server Survey". SecuritySpace.com. 1 June 2018. Retrieved 2 July 2018.