|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
MDaemon 14.0 Running on Windows.
|Developer(s)||Alt-N Technologies, Ltd.|
|Initial release||July 31, 1996|
17.0.3 / August 29, 2017
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||9 languages|
|Type||Mail Server, Webmail, ActiveSync, IM, Groupware|
In the mid 1990s, Arvel Hathcock began writing MDaemon. Hathcock began writing software at the age of 14 on a TRS-80 model MC-10 that his father bought him. After developing bulletin board software for several companies, he joined Mailing List Systems Corporation. Hathcock became frustrated at the expense of the available email software and decided to write his own. In 1996 he founded Alt-N Technologies to produce and sell his email server, MDaemon.
MDaemon's features include a built-in spam filter with Heuristic and Bayesian analysis, SSL and TLS encryption, public and shared folder support, mailing lists, web-based email client (WorldClient), support for sharing of groupware data (calendar, contacts, tasks & notes), over-the-air synchronization of mobile devices via ActiveSync, CalDAV, BlackBerry Internet Service, and an optional BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) plug-in.
- List of Mail Servers
- Comparison of Mail Servers
- Exchange ActiveSync
- Push Email
- Comparison of Email Clients
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Sender Policy Framework
- Vouch By Reference (VBR)
- Kaseya Network Monitor
- IMAP IDLE
- Domain Assurance Council
- Williams, Rayven (October 2007). "He’s Got Mail" (PDF). Dallas CEO Magazine. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- Tom Yager (April 24, 2000) (Mail server software) MDaemon Pro 3.0 proves speedy, but not scalable. Solid, low-price mail server adds IMAP4 support and spam blocking. InfoWorld, p. 66; online version in Computerworld Australia
- Tom Yager (March 11, 2002) (E-mail Server Software) Affordable, capable e-mail. MDaemon Pro 5.04 adds LDAP to its rich roster of capabilities, InfoWorld pp. 36 & 38; online version
- ServerWatch Staff (June 15, 2006) Latest MDaemon Release Keeps Pace With Times, ServerWatch
- Arvel Hathcock (February 2008) Ask The Expert: A layered approach to trusted messaging, Financial Services Technology
- Joel Snyder (March 9, 2009) ALT-N's MDaemon offers easiest management, Network World
- Stephanie Jordan (September 27, 2012) Hijacked Email Account Detection, Messaging News