MV Eurovoyager leaving Ostend bound for Ramsgate in 2005
|Owner:||Hawthorn Shipping Co. Ltd.|
|Port of registry:||Lome, Togo|
|Builder:||Belliard Hoboken, Belgium|
|Identification:||Callsign P3ZK7 IMO number: 7613882|
|Tonnage:||12,110 gross register tons (GRT)|
|Length:||118.4 m (388.5 ft)|
|Beam:||23.32 m (76.5 ft)|
|Draught:||5.05 m (16.6 ft)|
|Installed power:||Two Pielstick 18PC2V400|
|Speed:||21 kn (38.9 km/h)|
The Eurovoyager was launched by Belliard Hoboken as the Prins Albert in 1978 for Regie voor Maritiem Transport Belgie on their Ostend to Dover route. In 1994 she was transferred to the Ostend Ramsgate route. In 1998 she was bought by Denval Marine Consultants and renamed Eurovoyager. She was chartered to Sally Line in the same year, but was only used for a few months as in November of the same year she was transferred to Transeuropa Ferries for use on their Ostend Ramsgate route. In July 2009, a Marine Accident Investigation Branch report revealed that Eurovoyager had regularly been operated with her watertight doors open, in breach of maritime regulations.
- M/F Primrose - originally Princesse Marie Christine, 1975.
- M/F Al Arabia - originally Princesse Maria-Esmeralda, 1975
- "Seaimages - Eurovoyager". Retrieved 27 April 2009.
- "Ferries - Eurovoyager". Retrieved 27 April 2009.[dead link]
- "The Ferry Site - M/F Eurovoyager". Retrieved 27 April 2009.
- "Simplon Postcards - Eurovoyager". Retrieved 27 April 2009.
- "Report on the investigation of the entrapment of an engine room fitter in a watertight door on board the ro-ro passenger ship Eurovoyager approaching Ramsgate, UK 3 November 2008" (PDF). MAIB. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
|This ferry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|