Type of site
|news and information related to Apple Inc., iTunes, iPhone, Mac, security and privacy|
|Created by||MacInTouch Inc. (Ric Ford)|
MacInTouch is a daily news and information website that provides independent coverage of Apple's Mac and iOS platforms, along with other topics such as security and privacy, networking, and technological innovation. MacInTouch's curated "Reader Reports" publish experiences, commentary and analysis from the reader community. MacInTouch also provides daily product updates and occasional product reviews.
“MacInTouch” began as an independent print journal in 1985, originally published by Ford-LePage Inc., to provide news and information about Macintosh computers. The MacInTouch Home Page website, created by Ric Ford in 1994, was serving daily Mac news and information to more than a million people by 1998. It's noted as being one of several blog-style sites that predate the definition of a blog.
MacInTouch Inc. is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
In 1993, MacInTouch analysis of a bug in Apple's HFS file system prompted a nomination for a (non-existent) "Pulitzer Prize in computer journalism." 
In 1999, MacInTouch was noted in Linux Today for "Most tasteful and cool April foolishness: MacInTouch's transformation to MonkInTouch, complete with piano motif and lots of links to Thelonious Monk stuff."
In 2006, MacInTouch published an independent analysis of Apple Mac notebook reliability based on a survey of over 10,000 notebook spanning 41 models.
In 2007, MacInTouch first reported a severe data-loss bug in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard's Finder.
- Engst, Adam (17 July 2000). "Hacking the Press, Part 2: Types of Publications". TidBITS. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- Gillmor, Dan. "Two Noteworthy Web Anniversaries". bayosphere.com. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- LeVitus, Bob. OS X Mountain Lion for Dummies. Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Owens, Simon. "Scott Rosenberg Traces the Blogosphere's Origins". Mediashift. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "HFS Infestation". tidbits.com. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- Thompson, Jim (1 April 1999). "Talkback: MonkInTouch". Linux Today. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- Chartier, David. "Apple notebook reliability study, courtesy of Macintouch". The Unofficial Apple Weblog. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Pasini, Mike. "MacInTouch Reports Data Loss Bug in Leopard". The Imaging Resource. Retrieved 13 May 2013.