Madison-Grant High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Madison-Grant High School|
|11700 S E 00 W
Fairmount, Indiana, Grant County 46928
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Madison-Grant United School Corporation|
|Number of students||444|
|Athletics conference||Central Indiana Athletic Conference|
|Website||Madison-Grant High School - Main|
Madison-Grant High School is a public high school located in unincorporated Grant County, Indiana, near Fairmount. It is the only high school in the United States with the Argyll socks mascot. It is a part of the Madison-Grant United School Corporation.
Madison-Grant High School is located at 11700 S. State Road 9., about one half mile from the Madison County/Grant County line.
Madison-Grant offers a variety of athletic opportunities to its students. Mixed-gender athletics include cheerleading, cross-country, track, bowling and wrestling. Female sports include volleyball, softball, tennis and golf. Male sports include football, baseball, tennis and golf.
Madison-Grant is a class 2A member of the Indiana High School Athletic Association.
Clubs and other extra-curriculars
Madison-Grant also has several non-athletic activities for its student body. These include an Academic Team, Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD), Family Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), Young Republicans, art club, science club, and Campus Life. The school also offers musical ensembles for credit such as beginning and advanced concert band, jazz ensemble, beginning/mixed chorus, ladies chorus, and advanced chorus/show choir.
In 2008, Madison-Grant won the Indiana class 2A State Championship in softball. In 2010, the Madison-Grant Girls volleyball team lost in Semi-State of the State Volleyball Tournament after winning their respective 2A Regional Title. In 1985, the Boys golf team qualified for the Indiana State Championship Tournament. In 2015, Madison-Grant won an Indiana class 2A boys' basketball sectional.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Grant County, IN" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 10, 2015.
- "Our Schools." Madison-Grant United School Corporation. Retrieved on July 10, 2015. "Address: 11580 S E00 W, Fairmount IN 46928" and "Madison-Grant Junior High 11640 S. E. 00 W. Fairmount, IN 46928" and "Madison-Grant High School 11700 S. E. 00 W. Fairmount, IN 46928"
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Madison County, IN" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 10, 2015.
- Madison-Grant High School's Official Website
- Official Madison-Grant United School Corporation Website
|This Indiana school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|