Maelcairearda (died 993) was King of Uí Briúin Seóla.
There is uncertainty over the succession between Murchad mac Flann mac Glethneachan and Brian. A Maelcairearda King of Uí Briúin, is recorded in the annals as dying in 993 but this may refer to Uí Briúin proper, or indeed its offshoots. In the O'Flaherty genealogies, he is given as the father of Muireadhach ua Flaithbheartach (died 1034).
The wind sunk the island of Loch Cimbe suddenly, with its dreach and rampart, i.e. thirty feet.
Murchad mac Flann mac Glethneachan
|King of Uí Briúin Seóla
Brian mac Maelruanaidh
- West or H-Iar Connaught Ruaidhrí Ó Flaithbheartaigh, 1684 (published 1846, ed. James Hardiman).
- Origin of the Surname O'Flaherty, Anthony Matthews, Dublin, 1968, p. 40.
- Irish Kings and High-Kings, Francis John Byrne (2001), Dublin: Four Courts Press, ISBN 978-1-85182-196-9
- Annals of Ulster at CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts at University College Cork
- Byrne, Francis John (2001), Irish Kings and High-Kings, Dublin: Four Courts Press, ISBN 978-1-85182-196-9
|This Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|