Maggie Hardy Magerko
Maggie Hardy Knox
December 7, 1965
|Known for||Owner of 84 Lumber and Nemacolin Woodlands Resort|
|Net worth||US$1.3 billion (October 2017)|
|Spouse(s)||Peter J. Magerko (div.)|
Shawn Knox (m. 2019)
|Parent(s)||Joseph A. Hardy III|
Knox helped develop 84 Lumber's 2017 Super Bowl commercial, which stirred controversy before airing for featuring a border wall separating a mother and child from presumed freedom, following their visibly arduous journey to it. The wall was deemed too political by Fox and so was edited out for broadcast, effectively censoring the ad. The Washington Times reported that she "says she’s a staunch supporter of President Trump and his proposed U.S.-Mexico border wall" and that "Mrs. Knox said she personally helped develop the commercial but said her politics had nothing to do with its message."
- "Maggie Magerko". forbes.com. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- Aeppel, Timothy (24 April 1997). "Joe Hardy Passed Over Sons For Successor at 84 Lumber". WSJ. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- Cholodofsky, Rich. "84 Lumber owner Maggie Hardy Magerko files for divorce in Westmoreland". TribLIVE.com. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Pittsburgh-area billionaire Maggie Hardy ties the knot in Colorado - TribLIVE.com". triblive.com. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "Wedding bells for 84 Lumber". HBS Dealer. 3 April 2019. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- SAPNA MAHESHWARIFEB "Challenge for Super Bowl Commercials: Not Taking Sides, Politically"; New York Times; 2 February 2017.
- Jessica Chasmar The Washington Times; 8 February 2017.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|