Maggie Louie recording unreleased record "Flight Risk" at Ardent Studios
|Birth name||Margaret Crispin Louie|
|Born||November 10, 1970|
Pensacola, Florida, US
|Genres||Rock 'n' roll, Blues, jam, hard rock, indie rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer, songwriter|
Maggie Louie (November 10, 1970) is an American songwriter, guitarist and singer, best known for the pop single "Always Be Your Girl" featured on her solo album, Maggie Louie, released in 1999 and as the lead singer of the underground cult band Buttermilk which recorded four albums including Star Spangled Bubblegum (1993) and On Tap (1995). Louie's vocal talents have been described as providing a "fiery emotive delivery" for Buttermilk's "blues rock, jazz, funk, folk and H.O.R.D.E.-style groovy jams."
In 1998, Louie's life story was optioned as a feature film titled Sincerely Maggie but the movie was never produced.
Louie's song, "Junky Rhapsody" was featured on Grammy nominee Stanley C. Adkins' 2001 album The Undesirables which was produced by Alex Chilton in New Orleans, LA. Also in 2001, Louie played herself as the lead singer of a bar band in one scene of the TV-Movie, A Passion.
- Zzoom – (1988) (Buttermilk)
- Live from the Chameleon – (Maple, 1990) (recorded as Maggie Louie & Buttermilk)
- Star Spangled Bubblegum – (Maple, 1993) (recorded as Maggie Louie & Buttermilk)
- On Tap – (Delta & Fishtone Records, 1995) (recorded as Maggie Louie & Buttermilk)
- Maggie Louie – (Orchard, 1999)
- Flight Risk – (unreleased)
- Southern Sampler – (Lucky13, 1998)
- CMJ presents Certain Damage! Vol 106 – (CMJ, 1999)
- Women Who Rock – (Riffage, 1999)
- The Undesirables – (Yukky Records, 2001)
- "Maggie Louie's debut album features bluesy, sultry vocals" Pensacola News Journal, August 16, 1999; page B1.
- "Star Spangled Bubblegum" Amazon.com 1993
- Findlay, Prentiss (January 11, 1996). "Truly Alternative Punk Rock for Sissies – Buttermilk". The Post and Courier. pp. 13-D. Retrieved August 22, 2012.
- "Continental Drift" Billboard, September 9, 1995
- "Palisades options 'Maggie'" Variety, August 16, 1998
- "CMJ presents Certain Damage! Vol 106" cdtrrracks.com
- "The Undesirables" CD Baby Music Store