|Full name||Magnus Burnett Lund|
|Date of birth||25 June 1983|
|Place of birth||Manchester, England|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||105 kg (16 st 7 lb)|
|School||Lancaster Royal Grammar School|
|University||Manchester Metropolitan University|
|Notable relative(s)||Erik Lund|
|Rugby union career|
|Men's rugby sevens|
|2006 Melbourne||Team competition|
He was educated at the Lancaster Royal Grammar School where he played for the first XV. He also studied Business Enterprise at the Manchester Metropolitan University. During his youth he represented England in both the under-16 and under-18 national sides.
Lund made his debut for the Sale Sharks in 2002 against the Bristol Shoguns. In 2002 he represented England at the under-19 World Cup in Italy. The following year he represented the under-21 team at the World Cup in South Africa. He then became a member of the England sevens side. In the 2005–06 season, Lund started the final and scored a try as Sale Sharks won their first ever Premiership title.
He was part of the 2006 Six Nations Championship Training squad, and was chosen in the 2006–07 Elite squad after a successful tour to Australia in the summer. Lund was chosen for England in the 2007 Six Nations Championship opener against Scotland, in which he scored a try as England won 42–20.
Lund moved to Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque in June 2008 and spent six years playing for the French Top 14 club. He was a member of Biarritz when it finished runner-up to Toulouse in the 2010 Heineken Cup, and played with his brother Erik Lund there when the elder Lund joined the club in 2010. In July 2014 Lund returned to the Sharks.
Lund's father, Morten Lund, was an international basketball player for Norway, and stayed in England after studying in Manchester. He now lives back in Oslo, where Magnus tries to visit twice a year. Lund's elder brother, Erik, is the captain of the Norwegian national rugby union team and plays for the French Top 14 club Biarritz Olympique.
- "Team England announce rugby sevens squad for Melbourne". RFU. 28 February 2006. Archived from the original on 3 October 2008. Retrieved 2 August 2009.
- "Sale 45–20 Leicester". BBC. 27 May 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "England 42–20 Scotland". BBC. 3 February 2007. Retrieved 2 August 2009.
- "Injury-hit England call up trio". BBC. 4 February 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2008.
- "England call up trio". Sportinglife. 4 February 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2008.
- "Erik Lund". L'Equipe.fr. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Magnus Lund: Sale Sharks re-sign flanker from Biarritz". BBC Sport. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
-  father played basketball