A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
mahabis, (stylised version vs Mahabis) is an e-commerce led, premium lifestyle brand founded in 2014, headquartered in London, with manufacturing in Europe and China. After entering administration on the 27th December 2018, in January 2019 mahabis was acquired by YYX Capital, a special situations focused consumer investment company founded in April 2018. The company was given the Best Innovation in Footwear award at the Drapers Footwear Awards in 2015, and was also a finalist in two categories at those same awards.
The designs of the slipper and the detachable sole were developed using techniques such as 3D printing. This enabled the brand to take the product from conception to market more quickly than traditional methods. The final product features materials conventionally used outside of textiles, such as neoprene and TPU.
- "Mahabis Limited in Administration". Mahabis Limited [GB].
- "Upmarket slipper brand Mahabis calls in administrators". The Guardian 31.10.2018.
- "Winners 2015 - Drapers Footwear Awards". footwearawards.drapersonline.com.
- "Shortlist 2015 - Drapers Footwear Awards". footwearawards.drapersonline.com.
- White, Jeremy (13 April 2015). "Gear WIRED loves: Design" – via www.wired.co.uk.
- "Mahabis Modern Slippers". Design Milk. 23 July 2015.