Main Aisa Kyun Hoon
|"Main Aisa Kyun Hoon"|
|Single by Shankar Ehsaan Loy (composer) and Shaan (singer)|
|from the album Lakshya soundtrack|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack, Hip hop|
|Producer(s)||Farhan Akhtar & Ritesh Sidhwani|
Farhan and the trio jammed together and decided to go on with a Funky-Techno hip-hop number. The song had a laid back groove, as it had to suit the character of Hrithik Roshan, the protagonist of the film, who's lazy and aimless.
The song was lauded by critics and listeners alike. Rediff music review noted,"the superbly arranged hip-hop tune is one hell of a catchy number". The Bollywood Hungama in its year end music report, described the song as "an experiment succeeding big time".
The song is noted for the choreography of Prabhu Deva, which earned him his second National Film Award for Best Choreography. after Minsaara Kanavu. The song features Hrithik Roshan, who plays a typical capricorn, not a very active, out-there kind of person, and is shot in a surreal environment. The director of the film, Farhan Akhtar, was quoted saying "Main aisa kyon, the song with Prabhudeva [who also choreographed the dance sequences in the film], was supposed to be set in a very surreal environment. We wanted someone who could do some surrealistic moves. We also wanted to make it a challenge for Hrithik so he could have some fun."
- Won, National Film Award for Best Choreography - Prabhu Deva
- Won, Filmfare Award for Best Choreography - Prabhu Deva
- "The Making of Main Aisa Khon Hoon - Part 1 - Lakhsya". YouTube. 2009-07-29. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "'Lakshya' needs more punch". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "2004: A year of melody, rock and jazz". Bollywoodhungama.com. 2004-12-29. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "Lakshya is about Hrithik, about finding yourself". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2011-06-29.