Sony Music India
|Industry||Music & Entertainment|
|Shridhar Subramaniam (President)|
|Products||Music & Entertainment|
|Parent||Sony Music Entertainment|
Sony Music Entertainment India is the predominant record label operated by Sony Music Entertainment in India. The company began operation in 1997, and it was the first record company in India to be 100% foreign-owned, under the Japanese Sony Corporation. Since December 2013, the company distributes Warner Music Group releases for Indian and SAARC market. Sony Music India is the largest foreign-owned music label in India, and the country's third largest record label, after the local Indian labels T-Series and Zee Music.
Sony Music holds the soundtrack rights of above 200 Tamil movies.
- Arya 2
- Courier Boy Kalyan
- Devudu Chesina Manushulu
- Komaram Puli
- Nenu Meeku Telusa
- U & I
- Ye Maaya Chesave
- Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu
- Life Before Wedding
- Nannu Dochukunduvate
- Pandem Kodi 2
- Nagarahavu (2016)
- Sony to Represent Warner Music in India. Hollywood Reporter (1969-12-31). Retrieved on 2017-01-27.
- Hu, Cherie (September 23, 2017). "How India, The Global Music Industry's Sleeping Giant, Is Finally Waking Up". Forbes.
- Kerala Nattilam Pengaludane. Thehindu.com (2013-06-15). Retrieved on 2017-01-27.
- Sony Music reunites with Viacom18 for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'. Radioandmusic.com. Retrieved on 2017-01-27.