Maison de l'Orient et de la Méditerranée
The Maison de l'Orient et de la Méditerranée (or MOM) is a research body in Lyon, France that specialises in the Mediterranean and the Middle East and the first steps of humanity. It is dedicated to its founder, historian Jean Pouilloux.
Anne Schmitt, CNRS, took over directorship from Rémy Boucharlat on 1 January 2011 and conducts research programs within the Archéométrie et archéologie laboratory - UMR 5138 of the MOM. Nathalie Donjon serves as secretary general since 2007 after being recruited in 1988 and attached to the CNRS research administration.
Founded in 1975, MOMs activity has been characterized by a multidisciplinary working approach. It employs 350 people: archaeologists, epigraphists, historians, with the help of physicists, chemists and geologists. Geographers, political scientists and architects are also employed. It is classed as a research federation involving five joint research units (UMR) of CNRS and two other university teams. This federation is linked to the University of Lyon 2 and is especially concerned with historico-morphological studies. The MOM has also created an online application, an atlas of near east archaeological sites 14000 to 5700 BP, presenting work by a large number of archaeologists.
- HiSoMA, History and Sources of the ancient world: UMR 5189 CNRS.
- Archéorient, Environments and societies of the ancient East: UMR 5133 CNRS.
- GREMMO, Group Research and Studies on the Mediterranean and the Middle East: UMR 5195 CNRS.
- Archaeometry and Archaeology, originally dating and Materials Technology: HiSoMA-UMR 5138 CNRS.
- APRI, Institute of Research onancient architecture: UMR 6222 CNRS, Lyon office.
- Romanitas: Young team 2409.
- Centre Jean Palerne: host team 3067, Saint Etienne.
- Boehm, I., Le médecin initié par l'animal: animaux et médecine dans l' antiquité grecque et latine ; actes du colloque international tenu à la Maison lÒrient et de la Méditerranée-Jean Pouilloux les 26 et 27 octobre 2006. Lyon, Maison de l'Orient et de la Méditerranée, (2008).
- Maison de l'Orient et de la Méditerranée Website - La direction de la MOM
- Salma Khadra Jayyusi; Renata Holod; Attilio Petruccioli; André Raymond (2008). The city in the Islamic world. BRILL. pp. 20–. ISBN 978-90-04-17168-8. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Jean Noël Jeanneney (2007). Google and the myth of universal knowledge: a view from Europe. University of Chicago Press. pp. 19–. ISBN 978-0-226-39577-7. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- Maison de l'Orient et de la Méditerranée Website - ASPRO