Category:Ancient Near East
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ancient Near East.|
- The Ancient Near East refers to early civilizations within a region roughly corresponding to the present day Middle East, in Western Asia.
- It includes the periods during the Bronze Age and the Iron Age (roughly 3000 BCE to 330 BCE).
- Dates before (ca.) 3000 BCE and after 330 BCE are not usually included in the term "Ancient Near East":
- dates before (ca.) 3000 BCE fall into the prehistoric period
- dates after 330 BCE fall into the Hellenistic period
- See also:
This category has the following 32 subcategories, out of 32 total.
- ► Books about the ancient Near East (2 P)
- ► Ancient history of Iraq (8 C, 13 P)
- ► Ancient Near East journals (8 P)
- ► Near East in classical antiquity (17 C, 3 P)
- ► Ancient Near East organizations (14 P)
- ► Ancient Near East in popular culture (7 C, 1 P)
- ► Zoroastrian dynasties (6 C, 3 P)
- ► Ancient Near East stubs (3 C, 111 P)
Pages in category "Ancient Near East"
The following 70 pages are in this category, out of 70 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).