From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Major (music))
|Look up maior or major in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Major is a military rank. The word derives from the Latin maior (also spelled major), which means "greater".
Major or majors may also refer to:
- Major, Kentucky, an unincorporated community
- Major, Saskatchewan, a village in Canada
- Lake Major, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Mount Major, a small mountain in New Hampshire, United States
- Major, the Hungarian name for Maieru Commune, Bistriţa-Năsăud County, Romania
- Major (given name)
- Major (surname)
- Matt Sanchez (born 1970), American journalist and former porn star, known in the latter field by the stage name "Rod Majors"
- Marshall Taylor (1878–1932), American cyclist nicknamed "Major"
Art, entertainment, and media
- Major Gowen, on the British television series Fawlty Towers
- Major Major Major Major, in Joseph Heller's novel Catch-22
- Major Robert Morehouse, a character in the BBC America series Copper
- Old Major, from George Orwell's novel Animal Farm
- The Major (Hellsing), in the Japanese manga series Hellsing
- The Major, nickname of Motoko Kusanagi from the Japanese anime/manga series Ghost in the Shell
Various aspects of music composition
- Major chord
- Major interval
- Major key
- Major scale
- Major, a method of change ringing for eight church bells
- Major (manga), a baseball-related Japanese manga/anime series
- Major suit or major in contract bridge, namely hearts and spades
Brands and enterprises
- Major, an Irish cigarette brand produced by Carroll's, a subsidiary of British American Tobacco
- Major film studios, film studios (mostly United States-based) that produce many films per year
- Morris Major (1931 to 1933), an automobile produced by Morris Motors in the United Kingdom
- Morris Major, a car model produced by the British Motor Corporation of Australia between 1958 and 1964
- Major (academic), the primary field of study for a bachelor's degree in the United States and some other countries
- Major, an older sibling, when two British Public school students have the same surname
- A major is one of an elite tier of annual tournaments:
- The four Grand Slam events are also known as the majors:
- Major (law), a person with the full legal rights of an adult
- Major, an American tactical missile developed by Redstone Arsenal
- Maior (disambiguation)
- Majorca, Spain
- Minor (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Major"
- All pages with a title containing Major
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Major.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.