The Major (The Blacklist)
|The Blacklist episode|
|Episode no.||Season 2|
|Directed by||Michael Watkins|
|Written by||Jon Bokenkamp|
|Original air date||March 12, 2015|
Harold is issued a subpoena to testify in Liz’s murder case. However, the FBI goes before the judge attempting to quash it based on national security. The judge requests that Liz explain why he needs to drop it in private and she retells everything that’s happened up until now. Harold comes in and says that Liz was indeed on a mission when she was on the boat where the cop was shot. Red hunts down The Major, the man who recruited Tom. Red reveals that he hired Tom, who flipped and worked for Berlin. The Major reveals where Tom is located. Dembe says Red should tell Liz everything. Tom is still in Germany undercover. The judge receives evidence involving a bullet that contains DNA connected to Liz.
"The Major" premiered on NBC on March 12, 2015 in the 9–10 p.m. time slot. The episode garnered a 1.7/5 Nielsen rating with 7.49 million viewers, making it the third highest-rated show in its time slot behind ABC's Scandal and CBS's The Big Bang Theory. It was also the thirtieth highest-rated television show of the week.
Ross Bonaime of Paste gave the episode a 4.5/10, stating: "What 'The Major' does is seemingly attempt to prove my point, that an entire episode can have basically nothing in it besides the opening and closing moments, with nothing at all worthwhile in between."
Jason Evans of The Wall Street Journal gave a positive review of the episode, writing: "I’m sure many Cracklisters will moan and complain that this was a wasted episode with lots of flashbacks, but I still really enjoyed it. It was sorta fun to hear Liz recap the entire series thus far. It is a pretty ridiculous story."
- "Episode Title: (#215) "THE MAJOR"". The Futon Critic. 2015-03-12. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Kondology, Amanda (2015-03-13). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'Scandal', 'American Idol', & 'Dateline' Adjusted Up; 'The Odd Couple', 'Mom' & 'Elementary' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Tribune Digital Ventures. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Levin, Gary (2015-03-17). "Nielsens: 'Jinx' finale gets boost in ratings". USA Today. Gannett Company. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Bonaime, Ross (2015-03-13). "The Blacklist Review: "The Major"". Paste. Paste Media Group. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Evans, Jason (2015-03-12). "'The Blacklist' Recap: Season 2, Episode 15, 'The Major'". The Wall Street Journal. Dow Jones & Company. Retrieved 2015-06-07.