Mamas & Papas
|Private Limited Company|
|Headquarters||Huddersfield, West Yorkshire|
|David Scacchetti, Luisa Scacchetti, Derek Lovelock, Jonathon Fitzgerald|
|Products||Pushchairs, Buggies, Car Seats, Toys, Nursery Furniture|
|Revenue||£133.7 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Mamas & Papas is a UK-based retailer and manufacturer supplying prams, pushchairs, baby products, furniture and maternity wear. It was established in Huddersfield in 1981 by David and Luisa Scacchetti, both of Italian ancestry, whose initial aim was to bring Italian design to the UK baby buggy market. They started the business with a range of coloured corduroy prams imported from Italy. They sold through one local shop of their own and through supplying other stores, until deciding to become a retail brand in 1998. For most of its existence, the business was privately owned.
By 2011, Mamas & Papas was described as the "UK's bestselling nursery brand". At this time they were expanding the number of their overseas outlets. In 2014, the business embarked on cost-cutting associated with a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA). Store closures were considered  but were avoided by the CVA.
The private equity firm BlueGem Capital Partners took a majority share in Mamas & Papas in the summer of 2014, joining a portfolio that includes Liberty and Jack Wills.  The company returned to profitability in 2015.
In 2016, the rejuvenated retailer opened a 5,000 sq ft flagship store at Westfield London. 
- Mamas & Papas founders take pram firm on global push, Telegraph, 12 February 2012
- Mamas & Papas reveals plans to bump up store opening programme as sales soar, The Times, 20 June 2009
- Mamas & Papas: David and Luisa Scacchetti, Growing Business, 25 November 2013
- Yorkshire determination and Italian design - it's a winning combination, Independent, 9 July 2011
- MAMAS & PAPAS PUSHES ITS STROLLERS ACROSS WORLD, Mail on Sunday, 3 July 2011
- Baby clothes chain Mamas & Papas cutting costs, Daily Express, 21 August 2014
- Mamas & Papas considers store closures under rescue plan, Telegraph, 7 July 2014
- Creditors approve Mamas and Papas CVA, Yorkshire Post, 11 September 2014
- Baby boom, The Herald, 6 January 2016